Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cinemascope's Sociopathic Spamming Thread

johnm001

Julie always has been pretty dodgy on answering that. She does tend to allude to it being THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY (which I know is James Garner's favorite film); but, she tends to stick to the "it's like saying which is your favorite child", answer, when asked. She and Newman got along famously, and she even based the title of one of her books on something he said about her. In an interview, he said about Julie, "She's the last of the really great broads."

Yes, it was her second film. Interestingly, she got the role when William Wyler suggested her to Martin Ransohoff, who wanted Audrey Hepburn for the role. Wyler wanted Hepburn for THE SOUND OF MUSIC (which he was signed to direct). Of course, Hepburn would have not been available to do 'Emily', due to her committment to MY FAIR LADY, which conflicted. Even if she were interested in it, which I've no knowledge of, one way or the other. Julie and Richard Harris did not get along during the filming of HAWAII; but, otherwise, she loved it, and loved the state, even buying property there, and going back, quite often.

I haven't seen any more photos lately. Hope you are you all right.

Do you have any photos of Julie in Darling Lili that I haven't seen?

I also have a Julie question.

Is she still able to sing professinally if she would like to?

"Is she still able to sing professinally if she would like to?"

Ms. Andrews sings very rarely since her late 90's operation to remove nodules from her vocal folds. She brought a malpractice suit to Mt. Sinai Hospital in 1999. In 2004, she did sing a song ("Your Crowning Glory") for the Princess Diaries sequel. But she's incredibly busy otherwise: writing her string of children's books, stage directing (The Boyfriend), producing, voice overs (narrating the fireworks show at Disney parks and voicing the Queen in Shrek the Third).

Here's an interview from last May when she visited San Francisco. By the way, Dick Cheney was to be in town at the same time as Ms. Andrews. He asked to have the grand suite at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel for his stay. The hotel refused his request, explaining that they were holding the suite for Ms. Andrews. Here's a hotel with priorities!

Well it's not unusual for actors towards the end of their careers to take on *any* job so long as it helps pay the bills. But yeah, those Disney live-action movies they make these days, would make Walt spin in his grave if he could see them.

Could you *possibly* get it through your head that nobody is following anybody? When a thread has new posts, any number of people may be interested in reading, and may not even look at the name of the last person who posted.

Your inflated sense of self-importance has deluded you into thinking that my interest could possibly be in a dirty old man, instead of on the film genres and other movie-related topics that get discussed in these boards.

And there is no need to create redundant duplicate threads just because you have personal vendettas against individuals.

If you want to control people, then create your own boards and supervise them yourself.

Archived