Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wuthering Heights (1939)

I've seen the movie twice now and never thought to read the book. the movie was so mawkish and whiney, nothing in it moved me to read the book. Toward the end, I kept talking to the TV saying "die already so we can get to the hour and watch something else." It was almost as bad as "Love means never having to say you're sorry".

And I wanted to take a pair of scissors to Oliviers hair. Since a few of my friends and family members have passed away, I'm more easily moved to tears in death scenes, but Cathy was completely unbelievable, like when you're dying al you want to do is look out the window at the scenery!!!!!!!!! I'm going to watch tonight to see if it affects me differently.

Maybe I'll read the book and hope for a better ending.

Anne

I've taught Wuthering Heights as Eng. Faculty at the junior college level,

and every semester I encounter some aspect of the novel I didn't explore that made it more enjoyable.

But the hip new college crowd fails to connect with it initially.

If they can't download it into an IPOD or MP3, and its lacks

visuals, they're blinking and nodding in the first five minutes

unless they have a venti cappucino from Starbucks resting

next to their cell phone.

I just love the whole sequence where the lady is playing Mozart?s Turkish March on the harpsichord at the party, while Heathcliff and Cathy look at each other. Wasn?t that wonderful!! Then Cathy realizes her sister-in-law is in love with Heathcliff. They didn?t need any words. Norma Desmond was right!

http://www.madore.org/~david/music/midi/turc.mid