Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Night of the Lepus (1972)

cinemaspeak59

Giant carnivorous rabbits on the loose, in the Arizona desert, what an idea for a horror film.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Director William Claxton used sound effects and close-ups to make the rabbits look downright scary.  The rabbits looked normal, except for their size.  The use of tight shots of the glowing rabbit eyes and blood-dripping choppers gave the film a nice psychological, dare I say, Hitchcockian spin.   The film is campy and creepy to the max.

Giant carnivorous rabbits on the loose, in the Arizona desert, what an idea for a horror film.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Director William Claxton used sound effects and close-ups to make the rabbits look downright scary.  The rabbits looked normal, except for their size.  The use of tight shots of the glowing rabbit eyes and blood-dripping choppers gave the film a nice psychological, dare I say, Hitchcockian spin.   The film is campy and creepy to the max.

This might have been more effective if they had built some sort of mutant rabbit

A very effective trailer i

Archived