DOLORES DEL RIO

CORINNE GRIFFITH

BETTY COMPSON

DOLORES COSTELLO

JOAN CRAWFORD

MARY PICKFORD

LILLIAN GISH

• Like 1

I was going to make my own beautiful actress list but why be redundant.  I agree with Sepiatone's list and I will include Greta Garbo, Marlene Dietrich, Ann-Margaret, Raquel Welch, Jane Greer and Tuesday Weld.

Special mention to Fletcher Christian's list.  I would add to the "Current Hollywood" list Emma Watson, Jessica Alba, Penelope Cruz, and Catherine Zeta Jones.  Maybe I should have made my own list after all.

All actresses are beautiful.  It is their charm which makes them so attractive to us.  Class and Style.

Good call on Jessica Alba.  Not only is she beautiful, one of the most beautiful in Hollywood today, but she's also smart.  She's done well for herself making movies, and done very well for herself with her lifestyle business.  Big props for a smart successful woman.

...How about Scarlett Johansson?

Pretty, yes, but I've always thought Miss Alba somehow always lacked any sex appeal. In fact, I'd "classify" her looks as more "cute" than actually "beautiful". But once again, this kind of thing is always subjective and a matter of whatever "type of look" commands your attention.

Now, from the younger set of actresses, here's who I think are "beautiful"...

Megan Fox (has always kind of reminded me of a latter day Ava Gardner with that sultry look of hers)

Bryce Dallas Howard (how the rather odd looking former Opie/Richie had a daughter this beautiful is beyond me...sorry Ron, but you know what I mean, right?!...good thing she took after her mother and not you, huh dude?!)

Charlize Theron (as classically beautiful as any studio era Hollywood blonde movie star that you can name)

Alana De La Garza (pretty much a TV actress though, but a beauty just the same in my book anyway)

(...and, while as far as I know the following named singer/musician isn't an actress, I've always thought Alicia Keys is gorgeous)

Pretty, yes, but I've always thought Miss Alba somehow always lacked any sex appeal. In fact, I'd "classify" her looks as more "cute" than actually "beautiful". But once again, this kind of thing is always subjective and a matter of whatever "type of look" commands your attention.

Now, from the younger set of actresses, here's who I think are "beautiful"...

Megan Fox (has always kind of reminded me of a latter day Ava Gardner with that sultry look of hers)

Bryce Dallas Howard (how the rather odd looking former Opie/Richie had a daughter this beautiful is beyond me...sorry Ron, but you know what I mean, right?!...good thing she took after her mother and not you, huh dude?!)

Charlize Theron (as classically beautiful as any studio era Hollywood blonde movie star that you can name)

Alana De La Garza (pretty much a TV actress though, but a beauty just the same in my book anyway)

(...and, while as far as I know the following named singer/musician isn't an actress, I've always thought Alicia Keys is gorgeous)

Lots today rate Theron among the all-timers   & what a 180 from her incredible Oscar winning turn in 2003's "Monster" huh

• Like 1

4 star CONGRATS to those that included huge close-ups of "THE LADIES!"

Unfortunately & even after 17yrs on the net I still don't know how to do it myself

& who else has ever heard, read,etc about the item I've long known about, it was in the early 1990's & I believe it was in a "Now Playing Guide" & it stated that GARBO was officially voted as "The Most Beautiful Woman To Have Ever Lived"-(not limited to cinema either)

by "The Guinness Book of World Records"

I've not read it elsewhere or since, but will never forget it, because & I rate Garbo easily among the all-timers, but "Guinness World Records" is supposed to be about just that, a record & not an opinion?

This is on a very, very personal note, but for some reason not many votes for 

NATALIA NIKOLAEVNIA ZAKHARENKO-(Natalie Wood)?

Leonard Maltin said he thought she was at her pinnacle of beauty during 1965'

s fun "The Great Race"

Good call on Jessica Alba.  Not only is she beautiful, one of the most beautiful in Hollywood today, but she's also smart.  She's done well for herself making movies, and done very well for herself with her lifestyle business.  Big props for a smart successful woman.

Anybody see Alba in "Sin-City" (2005) or it's lousy sequel ?

She was at her sexiest

Old, old school Hollywood:

GLORIA SWANSON

MARION DAVIES

GRETA GARBO

DOLORES DEL RIO

CORINNE GRIFFITH

BETTY COMPSON

DOLORES COSTELLO

JOAN CRAWFORD

MARY PICKFORD

LILLIAN GISH

Man, you really picked some oldies but goodies

Julie Christie, too!

Julie%20Christie.jpg

Jakeem, I'm a fan of the Oscar winner too!   Did you see her sad but strong 5th Oscar nommed for in "Away from Her?"

Strangely as well many haven't mentioned Raquel Welch? Same age as Julie at 77, reckon' Raquel is mor hot/sexy then beautiful

Imet her daughter during filming (Tahnee) of "Cocoon"-(summer of 1984) she looked like her famous ma' but was smaller in stature  She never really popped up after that movie though?

I'm truly taken back & stunned  that nobody has even mentioned the former Michael Douglas

In Oscar winner Catherine Zeta-Jones???

Some may recall the vile things he said about her when they were separating.

I mean, you truly don't get much nastier then some of the things Michael said.-(reckon the apple doesn't fall far from the tree)

I'm truly taken back & stunned  that nobody has even mentioned the former Michael Douglas

In Oscar winner Catherine Zeta-Jones???

Some may recall the vile things he said about her when they were separating.

I mean, you truly don't get much nastier then some of the things Michael said.-(reckon the apple doesn't fall far from the tree)

I don't find Michael to be that beautiful and he isn't an actress.   That is why I didn't mention him.      :blink:

• Like 1

I just want to clarify to my esteemed colleague Spence that the charming Ms. Catherine Zeta-Jones was mentioned in my list of beautiful actresses.  You may have overlooked her name because I sort of piggy-backed my list off of Fletcher Christian's "Current Hollywood" list.

I also would like to add that I wanted to add Scarlett Johansson's name to the "Current  Hollywood" list of beautiful actresses.  As I was writing my list I could see her face, I just could not think of her name. Thanks to Sagebrush for jogging my memory.

Scarlett Johansson might just be the most "beautiful" actress in Hollywood.  She gets overlooked sometimes, maybe because she's been making films forever.  She's been in some really cool films, a lot of variety.  Her more recent big budget movies, ...the Marvel films, Lucy, ect... are a bit of mixed results for my own viewing, but they are entertaining and do GREAT business.  So good on her.

Catherine Zeta-Jones is also overlooked, perhaps because she's fallen a bit off the radar lately.

Have never thought about it, but there may be more beautiful ladies in Hollywood today than ever before.  Halle Berry, Blake Lively, Reese Witherspoon, Gal Gadot,  a few more.

I just want to clarify to my esteemed colleague Spence that the charming Ms. Catherine Zeta-Jones was mentioned in my list of beautiful actresses.  You may have overlooked her name because I sort of piggy-backed my list off of Fletcher Christian's "Current Hollywood" list.

I also would like to add that I wanted to add Scarlett Johansson's name to the "Current  Hollywood" list of beautiful actresses.  As I was writing my list I could see her face, I just could not think of her name. Thanks to Sagebrush for jogging my memory.

For current actress Johansson is very beautiful but I still find Charlize Theron to be the most beautiful blonde in the business today.