Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first movie that I remember seeing was, Snoopy Come Home, when I was 2 or 3 at the Drive-In. It sticks out in my mind because I had to pee badly and my father, who didn't feel like walking all the way to the restroom, told me to go in his empty soda cup, from the concession stand. Needless to say, at that age and the lack of precision, it ended up all over the windshield.

Dumbo might have been the second feature that night, because that also sticks out as one of the first movies I saw, and Drive-Ins usually had double features. But I'm also thinking, there may not have been a second feature for us that night, after that mishap.

I honestly can't say what it was exactly, but it probably was a Disney movie. However I pretty much can assure y'all that my first non-Disney movie was a Dean & Jerry film. Lol.

*sigh* And I'm still hopelessly in love with Dean to this day.

Well, I'm new here, but the first movie I remember was the original "Stagecoach." It must have been a re-release because I was born about eight years after it was made.

The first horror movie I saw was "The Creature Walks Among Us." It was great. I was eight years old and slept with the light on in my bedroom. Only just a few years ago I was able to see the first two on TV, "The Creature from the Black Lagoon" and "Return of the Creature."

The first movie I can remember seeing in a theater was Lady and the Tramp. As far as movies on TV, the first one that I can actually remember, and the effect it had on me, was the original King Kong. Very scary for one so young! :0

CharlieT

Mine was also a Disney ~ Peter Pan (1953). I must have been really small, 3 or 4 years old. I still smile when I think about it. My dad took me to see the film, but before we left, mom and dad had to tell my younger sister that dad was taking me to the dentist! She was such a crybaby then and is to this day, they had to make up something so she wouldn't want to tag along! Whew ~ what a relief when I found out that I was going to the movies and not the dentist!

mom says it was Robin Hood or Snow White, but i was 3 or 4 and don't remember it.

the first movie i do remember seeing would be Star Wars.

the first drive in movies i remember seeing were a pair of Christopher Lee dogs, End of the World and Starship Invasions in 1977 or 1978.

:P

Erebus, "Thunder Road" rocks!

Even after 8 or 9 viewings, I still thrill (and wince!) at Bob Mitchum judo-chopping smug, oily Jacques Aubuchon on the clavicle; he even rises on tiptoe to put a little extra "umph" on the impact- brutal!

Hard for me to pinpont my own exact "first" film, except that doubtless it was a Saturday matinee at the Bellows Falls Opera House, that I was reluctantly dragged to by one or both of my resentful teenage sisters.

{"Mom, do we HAVE to take him? He's in Kindergarten . . it's so embarrassing!"}

It most likely was either a monster/alien cheapie (like "Beast of Hollow Mountain), or maybe (very popular at that time) a William Castle chiller: I remember trembling in my tuck'n'roll theater seat as I gaped cathartically at "House on Haunted Hill".

I also clearly remember going to see "Zotz", but that must have been a couple years later, as I recall forking over 40 cents for my own ticket!