Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
alwaysdancing9

What is the title to this movie? please!

I saw a movie about a year ago, I was wondering if any of you could help me out here. I would say it took place back in the 50's. A boy started dating a year younger girl. He had to go off to college and so he broke up with her. Well, he broke her heart and she went psycho. She had to go to the hospital. He returned to her in the hospital and said that he wanted her back, her parents didn't like that idea at all, and said they wouldn't allow it. So, she grows up, meets someone else, gets married, and then he returns to her later on. That's all I remember, but I would really love to find out the title of this movie. I think it has the words" green" or "grass" in it. I don't know how I remember, I keep on wanting to say "where the green grass grows" but I know that's not it. I'd appreciate it if any of you could help me.

could this be it?

A PREVIEW OF "SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS"

Currently, there are not enough Tomatometer critic reviews for Splendor in the Grass to receive a rating. Please check out a preview of the film below:

Cast:

Natalie Wood, Warren Beatty, Audrey Christie, Pat Hingle, Barbara Loden

Director:

Elia Kazan

more cast & crew...

Synopsis:

Set in rural Kansas, "Splendor in the Grass" tells the tragically romantic tale of teenagers Deanie and Bud who repress their desires because of their families'

disapproval...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/SplendorintheGrass-1019645/preview.php

Set in rural Kansas, "Splendor in the Grass" tells the tragically romantic tale of teenagers Deanie and Bud who repress their desires because of their families' disapproval. Coming from radically different backgrounds -- one wealthy, the other staunchly puritanical -- they allow class differences to prevent any possible union. Their passions exist purely in their hearts and minds, but the couple never physically or socially express this forbidden love. Later in life, Deanie is institutionalized following a breakdown, and she eventually returns home to resolve her feelings about Bud.