Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GeezerNoir

Coming Soon Alert

Cult Movie fans,

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert will be running on FLIX this Thursday (8 March) at 21:45.

My cable company (Time Warner) includes FLIX as a ?free? service; so I?m guessing that at least some of you also have ready access to FLIX. The movies are uncut and commercial free, just like on TCM.

I saw this a few times on IFC. Terence Stamp is great and believable. Guy Pearce has the best name ever "Felicia Jollygoodfellow"

Good Fun. and Thanks....

vallo

Does anyone know if it will be presented letterboxed? FLIX seems to present about 20% of their movies in LB format without much rhyme or reason as to which ones are or are not.

That?s an excellent question, CinemaLover, because this is a visually stunning movie. Took the Academy Award for Costume Design. The listings that are available to me don?t say one way or the other.

I agree the use of widescreen in this movie is quite delightful.

I was lucky enough to watch this back in the early 90's at a film festival with one of the stars in attendance, I remember the audience reaction was through the roof!

I love this movie! What was that line of dialog that Terence Stamp says, something like "listen to you; you sound like a bunch of slags at a pie fest", or something like that??

And all that bloody Abba.

Okay, pet peeve number one when it comes to broadcast movies: the movie starts out in a beautiful LB format to get all the credits in, and as soon as you get your hopes up, they are smashed mercilessly against the wall of programming ignorance. The credits are over and the screen goes full. The channel gets changed. The movie doesn't get watched. End of story. Movie channels please stop living in the stone-age and broadcast the movies as they were intended. Grrrrrr!

Oh, yeah, I've seen it.

Malle seems to have a lot of those, uh, themes in his films....!!

However, I think his most atypical is the one I enjoy the most, and there is nothing cinematic about it: MY DINNER WITH ANDRE. It's amazing that I can watch that over and over and still be mesmerized by two men just sitting, eating and talking. (well, only if they're Andre Gregory and Wally Shawn...)