Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

King Solomon's Mines

I know I'm not going crazy. King Solomon's Mines is missing some thrilling footage of a native dance scene where the tribesmen were working themselves into a frenzy to attack the whites. I recently bought the video (103 minutes), and I watched the movie on TCM last month--but no dance scene. Yes, there is one near the end of the movie, but the missing one, I think, was in the village where the rogue white man was hiding from the law because he had killed a man. It was an absolutely thrilling, but terrifying dance, beautiful and fascinating to watch, but scary too. Did the PC police cut it out of the movie because it's not how we want to portray native Africans now? I watched the movie as a little girl when it first came out in 1950. I saw it 2 or 3 times in the 60's and 70's. I hadn't seen it in years until recently -- when to my horror - IT'S BEEN CUT. Somebody please tell me I'm not just imagining this.