Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A personal favorite atomic cool movie is "Matinee". Wonderful spoof of 50's monster fiicks ("Mant! Half Man! Half Ant! All Terror!") infused with nostalgic early 60's Florida duck-and-cover ambience.

"Introduce me to that big blonde

She's got a touch of Tuesday Weld

She's wearing Ambush and a French twist

She's got us wild and she can tell

She loves to limbo, that much is clear

She's got the right dynamic for the new frontier..."

Another Donald Fagen/ Steely Dan fan!

For 60's Hollywood ideas of the beat era, check out the Jimmy Stewart TAKE HER, SHE'S MINE, where Sandra Dee wears a beret and sings "Hava Nagilla", and Stewart thinks she going to perdition.

That sounds like one of those "generation gap" movies of the 1960s. Jimmy Stewart, of course, wasn't the only older actor to end up in such messes. Bing Crosby, the ultimate Hollywood square, had his look at the hip young co-eds of the early 1960s in High Time, and Bob Hope did the cosmopolitan thing with I'll Take Sweden. The former is a Fox movie, so TCM won't be showing it, but the latter is listed on IMDb as having a Turner classic print. :-)

I remeber the first time I saw Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows. What a trip!

And, a quick search on IMDb shows that The Happening was distributed by Columbia. Perhaps TCM can get the airing rights to it? ;-)

That, and maybe we can get them to program the short All Eyes on Sharon Tate again....

Yeah, the old Hollywood guard didn't blend too well with the new hipness of the late 50's, early 60's. It really made Bob Hope look so antiquated and white-old-guy, which is ironic, given that his screen persona in the 1940's was pretty edgy: Woody Allen acknowledges him (and does him superbly in LOVE AND DEATH)

as the screen's first neurotic comedian. Before Shelly Berman and all that crowd.

Did you ever see RIOT ON SUNSET STRIP? Check out my review in the Cult Movie section!