Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

if you had the chance to dance in any musical which would you choose

classicfilmbuff

Can't sing or dance, so my choice would be, though not a musical, Peter Boyle singing and dancing to Puttin' on the Ritz in Young Frankenstein. To attempt anything more would be utter torture for the viewing public.

I would love to have been one of the waltzers in Lubitsch's "The Merry Widow" from 1934, Also, if I could actually dance really well, I would love to have been one of Judy's background jazz dancers in the "Get Happy number in "Summerstock".

compared to vhs the dvd is great, except, it's not as sharp as it could be.

the color technician during processing seems to activate the switch too much (from what little I know .

In comparison....."There's No Business Like Show Business" was extrmely sharp on DVD.

Minoltaman

I 100% agree with that :) , even when other movie studios used the same stars, it was not the same, for example Let's Be Happy with Vera-Ellen and Tony Martin- 2 MGM musical stars, but not so good a musical (my opinion)

The "MGM touch" was something pretty darn near impossible to reproduce, many attempted it, but often it came across as just a pale imitation. It's no coincidence that it was the only studio to stay in black numbers through the depression! :D

• 4 months later...

Cover Girl so i could dance with and then watch the lady who made it look so easy and natural: Rita Hayworth. She is soooo awesome. I think she danced right out of the womb. P.S.-- Hopefully there would be lots of retakes. Can we write in a kissing scene for Rita and I??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived