Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

please help desperate in West Virginia

Hi everyone

I am new here and I was wondering if anyone could please tell me some names of indian movies, that is all my 3 year old wants to see is indians, I need one that is descent no cussing and not too much blood... Please help I am desperate. thanks

tonya

There are a few good movies from the 50s that treat Indians right without the cussing...but like the others said, only a few. I'll have to think on that one today, but I know I have a few laying around. In the meantime, just go to Wal-Mart and buy a few of the cheap $1 DVDs of THE LONE RANGER. Though subjected to the villains' bigotry sometimes, Tonto is never portrayed in a demeaning light by the writers.

For a 3-year-old, it's tough to find one he would understand/appreciate. I would normally recommend "Broken Arrow" with James Stewart and Jeff Chandler, since it at least portrays Indians in a sympathetic light.

For a three-year-old child, I would recommend Walt Disney's animated film from 1995, Pocahontas.

Later, Walt Disney's The Light In The Forest from 1958 would probably be my first live action film suggestion.

Squanto: A Warrior's Tale released by Walt Disney Pictures in 1994, about an aboriginal who met the the Mayflower is another. You had best preview the film before passing it to your son, although I cannot recall any gross language, I do remember some rather gross visuals about living conditions in England.

Finally, there is John Ford's Cheyenne Autumn from 1964, but wait until he is mature enough to comprehend a rather dark subject.

I can?t believe I forgot Song of Hiawatha starring Graham Greene from 1997, and again, you best preview the film, as it has a PG rating for violence.

Message was edited by:

Dimitrios

Hello,

You might like to visit the Internet Movie Data Base and check out THE INDIAN IN THE CUPBOARD reviews.

As I recall, it was a lovely film with a novel concept. However, given that your child is so young, it might be a tad slow for him..but given the way the film is handled, he just might be intrigued by the storyline anyway. Good luck!