Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
stlgal38

I am loving this month! *S*

The whole premise of the "Summer Under the Stars" is fantastic. No matter what star I am scheduled around, it's an enjoyable series of films - and when coupled with the "Now Playing" guide, it makes them even more of a treat. A great, creative programming idea!

i agree, TCM does a great job with showcase ideas, except i had ENOUGH of that thin man guy, i was never a big fan of ronald coleman...........while i'm at it, i never really cared for tracy either, hepburn carried him, she was talant!

Maybe reefergladness should stop spending so much time toking. Then he would know that "The Thin Man" starred William Powell and not Ronald Coleman.

As for Spencer Tracey, try watching (un-stoned) such great ST movies as "Inherit the Wind," the "Boystown" duo, or his Oscar-winning performance in "Captain's Courageous.

auh........that's what i meant...lol......i knew it didn't sound right, but never the less i am not a ronald colman fan, william powell on the other hand is pretty good, but i think the thin man series was rather weak.

also as far as spencer goes, i have seen all those movies, stoned and un-stoned, objectively speaking wouldn't you say he had a tendency to act in "quotes" a little bit?

Nope. I love Tracey. Ever since I was a little kid watching those old movies after school on a b&w tv. "Cass Timberlane." Great movie. Tracey's great. Perhaps it was the era he came from, too. Different type of acting. "Boom Town" and "San Francisco." Great, great, great. Of course maybe you don't care for him because he had a "substance abuse" problem.