Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
reefergladdness

movie toker here.

Not a bad person at all, rg - if kept in a "social-leisure" context, I too think it enhances a great film. Some great actors I have enjoyed high are William H. Macy in "Fargo" (the scene with him on the phone at the car dealership) - such nervous tension! Also Maximilian Schell in QBVII (on the witness stand) - I could practically see the sweat erupt on his brow!

I actually am a bit offended by this newbie (reefergladdness) posting marijuana comments on this board. I have taken steps to contact the site administrator to have this stopped! I along with others come to this site not to chat about drug use but about classic movies. I have now stepped down from my soapbox! Thank You!

I, myself, have never used drugs. I do know for a fact that Bing Crosby did in fact smoke marijuana (when it was legal in the early thirties) with Louis Armstrong.

It can DEFINITELY enhance a movie, that I've learned. But the classics really don't need the added high of weed to be some great entertainment. Smoke it before you see any of the films that are out today - it'll keep you in a good mood!

I'm with you, "nickdimeo", and have also written a letter of protest directly to www.tcm@turner.com today about the content of this thread, which I feel is inappropriate to post in a Community Forum. Who cares if folks need to smoke a mind-altering drug to enjoy a movie? I don't, and I sure don't come here to read about it from those of you who do use drugs.

I agree with you guys that talking about drugs is inappropriate for this site, but it is a community forum on the internet of all places, and therefore will attract all types of people. I have a feeling the "movie toker" won't be around for long. Most of the upstarts that come on here come and go pretty quickly.