Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FRED ASTAIRE ? OR GENE KELLY ?

.....My love affair with Fred Astaire....the best there ever was. Gene Kelly is, as someone else said, very, very good, but he is no Astaire. Plus, Gene Kelly "liked to wear tight clothing when he danced that showed his physique." Sounds a little egotistical to me.....

Hmm...I gotta lean towards Astaire. They were both great and icons of their craft, but Astaire seems to have the more innovative mind (the ceiling, the "gym" with the exercise equipment and the coat rack, Puttin On The Ritz). You always hear of someone referring to one of those with Fred, but when it comes to Gene, everyone points to just Gene's dancing in the street in "Singin In The Rain."

I gotta go with Fred.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FRED ASTAIRD - HIS NAME MEANSE ELEGANCE, DANCING AND SINGING AND ROMANCE! HE WAS THE ULTIMATE BEST WITH GLAMOUR AND CLASS - KELLY WAS VERY GOOD OF COURSE, BUT LACKED THE CLASS AND ELEGANCE - HIS DANCING WAS MORE ATHLETIC.