Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ROBERT MONTGOMERY ? OR DICK POWELL ?

Hmmm, tough one.

Again, I'd have to go with Dick Powell -- Robert could creep me out at times. Due to his panache with the evil role I can't name right now, I'd be afraid of waking up to him holding a knife to my throat.

Oh, and old enough to know better, young enough not to care.

[nobr]I don't even need words to answer this question:[/nobr]

[nobr]bobbyM.jpg[/nobr]

[nobr]Um... I actually like Dick Powell. I'm not sure I could state a memorable opinion of him, though; since I have only seen a select few movies. I love Bobby M. :x I cannot think of someone I enjoy watching on screen more than Robert. He is absolutely the most adorable creature I have ever laid eyes on.[/nobr]

[nobr]And stoney, the creepy role you are referring to I believe is his murderous Irish characterization in 1937's Night Must Fall (which I loved by the way). :) I saw The Divorcee for the first time the other night and found myself a little disappointed. I thought Bobby kissed in that one, someone told me he did but I was horribly teased.[/nobr]

They are so completely different, especially in their early years. Dick Powell had the voice. Robert Montgomery had the charm. Robert Montgomery made a wonderful leading man to Norma Shearer, Greta Garbo, Helen Hayes, Joan Crawford, and Rosalind Russell. He also gave great performances in "Private Lives", "Night Must Fall", Rage In Heaven", and "Here Comes Mr. Jordan". Dick Powell introduced some of the best songs of the 1930s including "I Only Have Eyes for You", "I'll String Along With You" and "Say It With a Kiss". Later they both did the Private Eye thing, but I still think they were very different. Love em' both!

I'm 45.

PFriedman

Funny, isn't it mrsl? I wonder why that is? True on Elizabeth too. Meanwhile, I just love Betty White!!!

I know, apples and oranges, but I can't think of a comparable female in teevee at that time whom I really liked.

Wait, I just did -- Sylvia Schnauzer!

> In general, Bob all the way. I'll help

> bobhopefan1940 hijack the thread ;)

lol, Oh no - You don't know what you are saying! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy... I could go on and on, but I'll save that for the "Night Must Fall" live journal :x

Hey, anyone got any fave D. Powell movies I should check out? Just curious...

• 6 months later...