Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Would You Like To See Robert Osborne Interview Next?

Allthough it's highly unlikely, I'd like to see him interview the following before they pass on. Olivia DeHavilland (who will be 91 this year I think); Joan Fontaine (a year younger); Jennifer Jones (who's 88 this year); Doris Day (83); Eleanor Parker (must be in her 80's too). In Jones and Day's case, I'm sure its just a pipe dream as they shun any type of interviews. Who'd you like to see? Jane Wyman is in her 90's but I've heard not in good health, so I doubt that will come to pass.

Olivia and/or Joan would probably be my top choices. They are such an intrinsic part of classic Hollywood, I wish they would give of themselves more in interviews. Perhaps they just can't believe there is all that much interest, or they are simply too private. Which I respect, though Bob doesn't dig around in people's personal lives.

Elizabeth Taylor.

Miss G

I have 4 who are all highly likely and would probably be tremendous interviewees.

1. - Clint Eastwood

He could talk from both the actors point of view, and the directors. Also, he came up through the ranks, and we have watched him all the way, from bit parts, to TV, to self exile, and back, and in addition, he most likely has some good stories from early H'wood.

2. - Ron Howard

Similar to Eastwood except no exile, but he also has a Dad who worked with some of the greats, and could relate some of his tales.

3. - Robert Redford

Again actor, producer, and directors' perspective, but old enough to recall the last days of the studios.

4. - Steven Spielberg

Strictly director and producer, but such a history of innovation, he's gotta have a 'million of 'em'. I loved his one story of his meeting with John Ford in the doc.

They are all award winning (and deservedly so), directors, and actors, and I think their stories and memories would be very worth having on tape, as Dick Cavetts interviews proved to us.

Anne

> Shirley Temple.

She's still alive? wow, I second this motion then. I'd love to hear about how it was like for her growing up in the movie business and having stardom shoved down her throat.

Her autobiography, "Child Star," from 1988, was pretty good. (Including her tumultuous marriage (at age 17) to John Agar.) It ends in 1954...she's been working on her second autobiography since.

Interesting trivia-Shirley's daughter, Lori "Lorax" Black, was a bassist in the bands Clown Alley and The Melvins...

-Lizabeth Scott, although she'd never do an interview -- she's pretty much been a recluse since the Confidential scandal (although she was in "Pulp" in the early 70's).

-Liza Minnelli

-Jane Withers

Since Fox Movie Channel owns most of the Shirley Temple movies, I wouldn't bet on Shirley

Since Fox Movie Channel owns most of the Shirley Temple movies, I wouldn't bet on Shirley

I would asume that they asked her to do the Child Star interviews last year, with a polite refusal. They rarely show Jane Withers' films either, but she was on there. I've always been a little creeped out by her movies, but for those interested, they're showing several of Temple's works April 23.

You were creeped out by Shirley Temple movies?! Why?

I don't know. Kids trying to act overly cute usually get on my nerves, and the movies have always come across as a little child-pageant-ish to me. The girl could sing and dance circles around most adults, but I could never appreciate the films. Now everyone get out their best rocks to throw at me! ;-)