Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hibi

Who Would You Like To See Robert Osborne Interview Next?

I truly would love to see him interview Doris Day. I have no idea the state of her health or interest in doing an interview, but she still has so many fans.

Since Calamity Jane was one of her own personal favorites, I wish he would find a way to ask questions about how difficult the acrobatics and stunt work proved to be. Also, how much energy it took to complete some of those scenes. (Like how hard was it to swing around on a rope while kicking and cussin'?) Allyn Anne McClerie was also featured as Katie, and maybe they could both discuss making that moviebut I also don't know the state of Ms. McClerie's health.

Also, how did Doris enjoy inhabiting that character? Her timing, expressions, and reactions in Calamity Jane are highlly enjoyable.

The songs in Calamity Jane are also lovely.

Message was edited by:

SueSueApplegate for clarity.

I would like to see DD as well.I just love all of her movies.

If we can't get her then Sophia Loren or Shirley MacLaine;she's got spunk and always makes an interesting subject to interview.

If we can't get her then Sophia Loren or Shirley MacLaine;she's got spunk and always makes an interesting subject to interview.

I am sure either one would be one or RO's dream come true, to interview! B-)

Liza really hasnt done enough films to talk about.....I guess she could talk about her days of growing up in Hollywood......

KIM NOVAK! YES! I'd forgotten about her. I'd love to hear her dissing Harry Cohn. They've allready interviewed Debbie Reynolds and Leslie Caron........

Shirley has allready been interviewed. I would love to see Doris, but since the death of her son, I'm afraid she's probably even more reclusive than she has been......

Listening to these folks talk about the old days would be like sweet music to my ears: Jane Russell, Olivia de Havilland, Joan Fontaine, Jennifer Jones, Jayne Meadows, Eleanor Parker, Patricia Medina, Patricia Morison, John Gavin, Farley Granger, Joan Collins, Rhonda Fleming, Arlene Dahl, Elaine Stewart, Cyd Charisse, Liz Scott, Jane Wyman, Mamie Van Doren, Anita Ekberg, Kathryn Grayson, Rita Gam, Carroll Baker, Dorothy Malone, Gina Lollobrigida, Kim Novak, Terry Moore, Tab Hunter, Anne Gwynne, June Vincent, Anita Page, and Robert Wagner.

Too bad we just missed Yvonne DeCarlo. She would have been a hoot as she lived a very colorful life. I hope TCM catches some of these people before it's too late.

Hi Randy,

Some great names there......

Jayne Meadows, Patricia Medina and June Vincent would all be great to see interviewed and are not usually thought of now-a-days...... I like the way you think!!

Larry

They are good names, although I wonder if their lack of popularity might work against them. But there's no doubt they would be good interviews! :D

I'd love to see Doris but I've given up hoping she'll come forward. I think the last interview she did was several years ago...in England. *sigh* It's such a shame, because she is so bright and articulate and could share a multitude of insights on the studio system.

Miss G

Sophia! That would be heavenly! She does do interviews, but in one case that I saw, it was a shameful waste of her time. There is a talk-show host in England, I can't remember his name, but he looks like he's in his 'thirties, and he had La Loren on a few years ago. He asked the stupidest, most embarrassing questions to this Oscar-winning legend, like, what does she bathe in????? I almost went thru the TV screen to throttle the low class little idiot.

Bob! Please get Sophia on your show and ask intelligent, classy questions!

Miss G

Hi Randy---Bob did interview the delightful Jane Russell, in tandem with her buddy Robert Mitchum. However, Big-Bad-Bob was in a taciturn mood and Osbourne had his hands full trying to elicit responses. Thankfully, Jane was there to take the edge off.

What we need is all these Private Screenings on dvd in a set.

Miss G

Shirley Maclaine, Mickey Rooney and Debbie Reynolds have already been interviewed by Robert Osborne.

The ones I would like to see (besides Joan Fontaine, Olivia DeHavilland, Doris Day and Cyd Charisse) are Kathryn Grayson, Joan Leslie and Marsha Hunt.

Doris did give a charming brief phone interview to Bill O'Reilly (of all people!) , when President Reagan died. She sounded great.

Jane Wyman and Deanna Durbin will most likely never give an interview.

I'd give anything to see Doris again. The last show I saw her in was one of those Biography or ET specials on her career. That must've been a decade or so ago. Yvonne DeCarlo would've been fun too, though she didnt really do anything worth talking about. She was always funny on talk shows.....

Yes. Robert Osbourne has publically stated that the interview with Robert Mitchum was one of the least favorite of his entire career. Bob was pretty UN-FUN, according to Robert Osbourne.

So...is Doris Day afraid of flying? Or does she just not like it?

As for me, I'd like to see Robert Osbourne interview Olivia deHavilland more than anyone. I've seen her in interviews related to Errol Flynn, and she was simply charming...and quite witty as well. Great sense of humor.

So I'd like to see her be interviewed about HERSELF - not just about Errol.

Obviously, I am interested (obsessed, really) in ANYTHING more she might say about Errol as well. But I would really like to see her in an interview where SHE was the focus.

Has Robert Osbourne interviewed Esther Williams yet? She might be interesting as well, if she has not already been done. I believe she is still alive...

And I wouldn't mind seeing a chat between Robert Osbourne and Elizabeth Taylor either!

What we need is all these Private Screenings on dvd in a set.

That is a GREAT idea, hope WHV will consider it! :)

I dont know if its just an excuse not to appear anywhere, or its a real fear, but that's what she said about not traveling to DC to accept her award (did they mail it to her?) She claimed it dates back to her big band days and the harrowing flights she was on.

Yes, Osborne interviewed Esther Williams some years ago. I think before her book came out. Speaking of books, whatever became of that autobiography Olivia was writing? Will only be published after her death? I wanted to hear her take on her fued with Joan.........among many other things!

I remember the Mitchum interview and it was like pulling teeth to get him to talk more than one sentence about anything. I dont know why he bothered to show up! Luckily Jane helped fill the gaps. I think its the only double interview I've ever seen on there. (I guess that was why!) I dont include the panel discussions they've done.........

I see. Thanks very much for filling in the blanks there! :)

And I will have to watch out for the interview with Esther Williams. I have apparently been missing it. *lol*

I saw part of it as well. But I got so angry at Robert Mitchum that I turned it off. I felt REALLY bad for Robert Osbourne - he didn't deserve to be treated like that.

Because I agree with you: why agree to do an interview in the first place if you are gonna intentionally act like a bump on a log, even when asked a direct question?

The whole thing did not leave me with a very good taste in my mouth about Robert Mitchum. Too bad, too...because I actually quite like alot of his work. But every time I watch it now, I think of that ghastly interview.

I liked him as an actor, but he could be an ornery cuss. Maybe he wasnt feeling well that day. He had emphysema real bad......