Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting, All the President's Men, Barefoot in the Park.

More recently, I also liked his voice performance in the new Charlotte's Web.

But more importantly, I think movie fans everywhere should be grateful to him for the Sundance Institute and the Sundance Festival. :)

I like Robert Redford but the ONE movie that "Sticks Out" as the Very Best is

"The Natural".

The Titanic Home Run that he hits to win the pennant was an ending to behold. When it hit the lights and set off a chain reaction to the other lights, and the sight of Roy Hobbs rounding the bases as his Manager and Coach looked on sent a chill down my spine.

There aren't many movies that I've seen that gave me that type of reaction, but this one did BIG TIME! A Great Movie!

Bartlett

I've really enjoyed his last two, 'An Unfinished Life', with Jennifer Lopez and Morgan Freeman, and 'The Horse Whisperer' - I guess mainly that he's acting his age and not trying to continue the illusion of loverboy leading man. He can still carry a movie, but he doesn't have to be the romantic lead, he leaves that to the younger folks.

Of his older movies:

Comedy - Legal Eagles

Drama - The Way We Were

Western - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Mystery - The Sting

His best romantic role - Up Close and Personal with Michelle Pffeiffer

Anne

I think his best film, period, is THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR, but I also believe that THE GREAT WALDO PEPPER is greatly underappareciated.

Redford has, to the best of my knowledge, never made a commercially successful film in which he wasn't paired with another major star, either male or female.

I have to admit that I loved his voice acting turn in "Charlotte's Web." I didn't recognize him, but his "horse" was one of the stars of the film.

I love "The Natural," and "The Sting" is also one of my favorites. It's been ages since I've seen "Jeremiah Johnson," but I remember liking it a great deal. "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" is always a lot of fun. "The Electric Horseman" is another one I haven't seen in decades but remember fondly.

As a director, I liked "Milagro Beanfield War" and "Quiz show." I don't think "Quiz Show" ever got the praise it deserved. I never really cared for "Ordinary People" or "A River Runs Through It" that much.