Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bert Lahr Pre-Code

It looks like TCM will show Bert Lahr's 1931 movie FLYING HIGH, costarring Charlotte Greenwood and Pat O'Brien. Anyone seen this?

Does anyone know if Lahr made many movies? Besides WIZ OF OZ, of course? I know he was a vaudvillian, but didn't think he'd done many movies.

Any info on Charlotte Greenwood? I've seen her in SO LONG LETTY and I think she was very funny. Was she a vaudvillian also?

• 1 month later...

I like Charlotte Greenwood too...later in her career, she appeared as Esther William's mother in "Dangerous when wet", as part of a "swimming" family....very funny pic...also she had the Marjorie Main role in the 1956 remake of "The Women", renamed "The Opposite Sex", with June Allyson, Joan Collins, Ann Miller, Joan Blondell, Agnes Moorehead, Dolores Gray, Leslie Nielsen....a Liked this flick very much too...

Also saw her in Eddie Cantor's 1931 "Palmy Days"...this comic, long legged woman..was invaluable...she'd been excellent as Granny in "The Beverly Hillbillies"...don't you think?

As for Bert Lahr..I remember he appeared in the 1954 version of Rose Marie, with Ann Blyth & Howard Keel...and many other movies...you can check at us.imdb.com

• 2 weeks later...