Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
antoniacarlotta

Carl Laemmle, Jr.

I feel like my whole life, Carl Laemmle, Jr. had been made out to be this sort of dark, sad guy. I was so surprised in making this video to learn that while he did love the macabre, and he was responsible for the classic horror films we know and love - he was actually a pretty happy, social guy! Am I the only one that had this misconception? Are there any other filmmakers/actors/movies you've had misconceptions about?

• Like 4

Carl Laemmle, Jr. was definitely one of the giants of cinema. 

For me a  person in films who I would have thought was a laugh a minute and very upbeat but possibly this was only his facade was Gig Young who I believe committed suicide and may have been of a more morose personality. As I recall he was at one time married to Elizabeth Montgomery and I've heard a few comments from people who knew her about his demeanor but I don't think she ever spoke much publically about her time with him. Thanks for the great video.

Thanks for sharing stories about Mr. Laemmle. Here is something you might have not seen.

I found this picture of Carl Laemmle, Jr. (upper left photo) from 1926. He was promoting The Collegians on the side of a Whippet, a car which was making a trip from Los Angeles to New York City.

The_San_Bernardino_County_Sun_Sun__Dec_1

The Collegians was a collection of two-reelers depicting college life. Laemmle was credited with the writing. As a side note, the Whippet covered around 3560 miles, using 82.25 gallons of gas, for a whopping 43.28 mpg!

Thanks for sharing stories about Mr. Laemmle. Here is something you might have not seen.

I found this picture of Carl Laemmle, Jr. (upper left photo) from 1926. He was promoting The Collegians on the side of a Whippet, a car which was making a trip from Los Angeles to New York City.

The_San_Bernardino_County_Sun_Sun__Dec_1

The Collegians was a collection of two-reelers depicting college life. Laemmle was credited with the writing. As a side note, the Whippet covered around 3560 miles, using 82.25 gallons of gas, for a whopping 43.28 mpg!

Wow! Yeah, I'd never seen this picture before. My family definitely has some cool old memorabilia from The Collegians, and it was really neat to learn that he wrote it too. I wonder what his impression of college really was and where he got his ideas from, considering he never went himself...

Wow! Yeah, I'd never seen this picture before. My family definitely has some cool old memorabilia from The Collegians, and it was really neat to learn that he wrote it too. I wonder what his impression of college really was and where he got his ideas from, considering he never went himself...

Here is an interesting tidbit, from the Los Angeles Times, July 28, 1926:

Untitled_zpsrnjvheiz.png