Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Natalie Wood Fans?

MissGoddess

I'm not much for Warren Beatty myself but Natalie's heartbreaking aching longing for the past and "Bud" always stays with me from SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS.

I've never seen PENELOPE and I'd love to. I recommend INSIDE DAISY CLOVER.

She really is wonderful in LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER, a real girl, struggling to get along. I grudgingly admit to being fond of Steve here as well; he sort of reminds me of a hipster teddy-bear, even if he doesn't seem the least bit Italian! His underplaying doesn't seem forced, however, and it could be viewed as a welcome contrast to all the ethnic pseudo-stereotyping, with his family and Angie's. I wanted more emotion in Rocky and less tentativeness.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

McQueen's "Rocky" reminds me of a friend of mine and they have the same inability to show emotions, or to express it by being a wise guy, by saying sarcastic things and getting all hot under the collar when you call them on it. Maybe that's why I find him so funny.

I knew a guy like that myself.....and was in love with him.

Like cashette, I love the Catskill locations in MARJORIE MORNINGSTAR, and I think this is one of Natalie's best performances. Great cast, too.

You mentioned something about Debbie Reynolds and Janet Leigh being included in what was called "Hollywood Bad Girls" along with Natalie. I thought Janet and Debbie didn't date around much. The main guys they were involved with, Tony and Eddie, were considered "players", I guess, but they were "good girls", weren't they? (Natalie was too, but she did apparently "get around", probably to declare her independence from her stage mother)

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

I think I read about Janet, Debbie and Nat in a biography of Natalie by her sister. I think that probably by today's standards, what those girls considered "behaving badly" would be seen as a tea party.

I saw *Inside Daisy Clover* a long time ago and must admit I really disliked it. I might have different feelings about it now. I just did not like her character nor did I care at all for Redford's. I do prefer them in This Property is Condemned, though the ending is just too much of a downer. I loathe unhappy endings and this is one of the saddest.

I love Cash McCall....It's a nice rainy day film...Natalie looked so beautiful but then again Natalie always looked beautiful. I love the scene at the cabin when she offers herself to him, takes her clothes off and he sends her home...Yeah, OK...LOL

Now Penelope was the first Natalie film I saw on THE BIG SCREEN...I was a kid and she was my idol...still is...and will always be.

Marjorie Morningstar is another favorite of mine....she was so young and so beautiful.

Hi Natfan! Yes, Natalie AND James Garner were soooooo beautiful in Cash McCall. How fortunate you got to see her in *Penelope* on the big screen! I know it's silly but I think she is just so funny in this movie and I've always thought her talents as a comedienne were underutilized.

NatinGypsy2.jpg

She was also funny in The Last Married Couple in America...and Sex and the Single Girl especially in the scene in Dr. Brown's office where she tells Bob Weston that he is attracted to her because he sees her a a father figure...LOL...Natalie and Tony bounced off each other beautifully...

Miss Goddess, I have a private Natalie group that is invitation only. You seem to be a die-hard fan. All I need is your e-mail address....Is there a way to send private messages here...if you are interested?

Message was edited by: natfan

Hi Natfan! Yes, you can send me a PM if you look to the top right of this web page you'll see the Private Message link just under "Your Control Panel". Just type in MissGoddess in the Send To box.

Thanks for the background on the New York photo!

LOL, you're right about today's standards. Natalie et. al. vs. Britney Spears. No contest there.

I hated INSIDE DAISY CLOVER for years, then one fine day something "clicked" and I grew to love its campy charms. I've never seen Roddy MacDowall so....insidious. A girlfriend and I used to sigh over Christopher Plummer as "Swann". To us, he was so evilly sexy. We never really noticed Redford. (not until THE WAY WE WERE)

"The circus is a wacky world!"

Hi Bronxie---You mentioned Christopher Plummer. "SIGH" You mentioned Christopher Plummer. BIG sigh. I never grew out of my childhood crush on Captain Von Trapp. :P

I met Captain Von Trapp at the Beverly Hills Hotel---in the Polo Lounge where he has a regular table. It was right after he did his Oscar nominated turn in The Insider. He couldn't have been more gracious and had an old-world courtliness which I am sure he knew to cultivate for susceptible types like me. I thought he was still terribly handsome (but he's not very tall).

He's in a movie that is supposed to be pretty good (Robert Wagner is in it too!) and my friend had the dvd (she gets the Academy dvds for voting) and when I realized who it was that starred in it and told her---"you know, the guy from The Sound of Music," she asked which one of the kids he was. :( I'm all alone out there sometimes. (Yes, she's blonde too).

Archived