Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Natalie Wood Fans?

MissGoddess

Another Christopher Plummer fan!!!! I said the name! AHHH! (like in BYE, BYE BIRDIE, lol)

I'm rarther partial to shorter guys, so it's no problem for me! (although.....HOW short?)

When "Swann" takes Daisy in his arms and fiercely kisses her, and she kisses back, my girlfriend and I always lost it.

You met him and he was nice??? OMG -- he always seemed like he'd be arrogant, but I guess that's just the parts he played.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Robert Wagner's VOICE? It's always this MONOTONE.

Not that it takes anything away from his wonderful preppie good looks. (he was really good in A KISS BEFORE DYING. Poor Joanne!)

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Hi Miss Goddess, Today I read an interview that Christopher Plummer gave on the death of his costar Heath Ledger. They were making a movie directed by Terry Gillian in London, and many of the scenes were shot outside at night. The cold and and damp hit right to the bone, but Heath insisted on doing his own stunts. The movie isn`t half finished, and interiors were to be shot in Vancover. Christopher had only the nicest things to say about Heath, and Heath wanted to make this movie to work with Mr. Plummer. "The Insider" was my favorite movie. and he was perfect as Mike Wallace.

I confess...I am a Natalie Wood fan.

It hurt my heart to have heard of her death those many years ago. My eleventh grade English teacher let my friend and I cut her class (last period of the day) so we could go see "Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice." She had such warm sloft brown eyes. (And loved her hysteria in "Splendor in the Grass"). I've enjoyed her immensely throughout her career and miss her presence is movies today.

AHHH! Indeed. ;)

Short guys follow me. I think they're so cute....until they stand up. I'm not tall so it just doesn't work for me. Sinatra might have changed my mind. Or Bogie. Or Tracy. Oh, heck. Just forget what I said before.

Yes, Wagner's voice is his least appealing quality. But talk about a real gentleman in real life, he is every inch one. So kind, too. Plummer was cool, but nice, Wagner is warm and nice. So is his beautiful wife, Jill St John.

If you want two heart-pounders for the price of one, rent The High Commissioner with Chris Plummer AND Rod Taylor. Roddy is by far my favorite but I must confess it's hard to know where to look in this movie.

Hoooobah hooooobah! *Christopher Plummer* as Antony in Canadian Stratford Festival's 1967 production of Antony and Cleopatra.

christopherplummer.jpg

Hi Cashette---I'm sure the unfortunate actor was delighted to be working with one of the finest in the business. Plummer never has stopped, constantly doing stage and much quality film work. The movie he recently did which was up for Academy consideration (and which also features Robert Wagner) is called Man in the Chair. I'm going to rent it. Here is Imdb.com's info on it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489225/

And speaking of Christopher Plummer, as a young man he had a huge crush on Natalie. He said that she was the ideal of young, dark beauty. When she was alive he said "Natalie was always beautiful but now she's sexy, her face says she has fought the demons and won...

I actually like men not too tall and not too short. I prefer lookin' at 'em straight in the eye -- neither up nor down.

OMG that Plummer photo as Antony -- pant! pant! Really captures Christopher's persona, doesn't it??

I've heard over the years that Wagner was and is a real gent. He and Jill make a good-looking couple.

I've got to put THE HIGH COMMISSIONER on my list. You know how much I also love Rod.

I wouldn't know where to look either.

Preppie killer. Ooh wow! In that photo below, Plummer makes me think of Olivier. And no disrespect to Natalie Wood, but Catherine Zeta-Jones looks like Natalie ramped up 1000% percent.

I enjoyed her in "Brainstorm" her last film. Sweet sweet actress.

Speaking of "preppies", I'm off to watch *Love Story* yet again. I keep coming back for Ray Milland and the music. And because I'm still trying to figure out what "love means never having to say you're sorry" means.

CM-- Catherine reminds me more of Yvonne de Carlo than Natalie.

Nat-allthefineyoungcannibals.jpg

Archived