Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lovely Loretta Young

Unfortunately, I do not have have the FMC, but I am happy that you were able to see Ty with the other ladies. When the new Tyronne Power gift pack is released in July, I will be happy to buy this collection. Cafe Metropole is the film that I am eagerly anticipating.

It will be July soon and you can purchase the Ty Power collection and enjoy it any time you want. How cool is that? I've never seen Cafe Metropole. I knew Loretta was in it but i didn't realize Tyrone was in it as well. It must be a romance as TP & LY are really awesome-looking together. It seems like they are really in love in their movies. I am surprised there isn't a LY collection yet as she did a few epics in the 30's and had some box office hits in the mid and late 40's. Even Fox MC is starting to push LY more often. They showed Kentucky and Ladies In Love for the first time in three and a half years. Cashette, if you ever get the chance, i highly recommend Because Of You from 1952. It has a good plot and you might need a kleenex.

Hi Randy, Loretta and Tyronne at the Cafe Metropole is the movie from the set that I want to see the most. Jeanine Basinger wrote glowing of the movie in her book "The Star Machine. She included chapters on both Loretta and Tyronne. Fortunately I taped "Because Of You" many years ago. I agree that this movie is a tearjerker.

Hi Cashette. I love Jeanine Basinger. She has said very nice things about a lot of my favorites, especially Lana Turner. Jeanine is a film historian so it sounds like her book TSM could be a good read. I might have to buy it next time i'm at B&N. You are so lucky to have Because Of You on tape. I've only seen it the one time many years ago and remember it was quite good. I thought pairing Loretta with Jeff Chandler was interesting and different but it worked well. I hope Cafe Metropole lives up to your anticipation of it. Let me know if it has a really good plot and you would recommend it.

your most welcome maureen!! im glad i copuld be of service. i get so overly excited when i actualy find a new pic that no one has ever seen before. heehee! im usually in 2nd place in that category. heehee! im learning as we go! ;) yeah i think she was very beautiful in tha pic, of course i dont think she could take a bad photo actually.

Hi Theresa, We agree that Loretta never took a bad photo. It was bothering me what the title of the movie was that Loretta costarred in with Robert Taylor. Since I had never seen them in a film together, my movie guide told me the title was "Private Number" 1936. Loretta played a maid who falls in love with her employer`s son RT. Please tell me if you or your grandma have seen this film.

hey maureen!

yes me and grandmama love this movie! it has come on a few times on the Fox Movie channel, but i haven never gotten a chance to record it for myself. if im not mistaken grandmama might has a VHS copy of it. it really is cute, and at first i really didnt think they would have chemistry, but i could see it progressing as the movie played. she plays an aweful good maid and nurse all the time it seems in her movies. heehee!

• 2 weeks later...