Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cashette

Lovely Loretta Young

Thanks Mrs. Cooper for the pics of Loretta, and the you tube sister act clip. Polly Ann was missing and Geogianna was too young to participate. I taped "The Story Of Alexander Graham Bell" years ago, so I was able to see the four sisters together.

Hi Theresa, I am catching up on my replies because last week I was on vacation to Disney world with my family. "The Men In Her Life" is another loretta film that I haven`t seen yet. The photos make it a must see.

It was great watching Loretta tonight in The Farmers Daughter..she was so good , as was the rest of the cast, but i can never tire of watching Loretta, in anything she is in....she was a true talent! F.G.

YoungLoretta11.jpg

111_phixr.jpg

YoungLoretta10.jpg

Hi Forever Garland, Thanks for the pics of Loretta. She was very lovely, and I am looking forward to the Tyronne dvd collection release this month. The set will include Ty and Loretta comedies.

It was my pleasure tonight to watch "Man`s Castle" for the first time. Loretta Young and Spencer Tracy`s love for each other showed thru their dire circumstances. Loretta was luminous as Trina, and she showed many layers of emotions. Moirafinna wrote a very interesting article on the career of the director of this film Frank Borzage on the MovieMorbloks site. She goes into about the making and the performances of "Man`s Castle". I have always wished that Loretta Young would be chosen as TCM`s SOTM. She left us with a wonderful selection of movies from four decades."Man`s Castle" would be a movie that I would chose if TCM would honor Loretta.

I didn't know that TCM has never made Loretta Young their Star of the Month. That's surprising! She was really fantastic. I was amazed when Robert Osborne mentioned last night after "Man's Castle" that by the the time she made that movie at the age of 20 she had already been in about 50 movies.

I'd really enjoy watching more of her earlier movies from the early and mid 1930's.

I really love her in "Cause for Alarm", which her husband produced. Still waiting for "Farmer's Daughter" on DVD!

Loretta was indeed radiant in MAN'S CASTLE. What I love about her is that she's never actress-y, but natural and unaffected.

hello shashy!!

why do you do this to me? you post those beautiful pics of loretta and expect us to answer what we think the movie is. honestly! heehee!

you had me thinking really hard on it, and i had guessed The Doctor Takes a Wife, until the cat was outta the bag. heehee!

i completely forgot about Love is News. i hate when i do that! poor loretta! ill never do it again loretta. i promise. ;)

hey Maureen,

i finally got to see A Man's Castle, but the funny thing is, grandmama DID have a copy of it in her library, but it was lost and i had to go look for it. she recorded it and thought it looked familiar, so i went digging for it through all her tapes and found it in the oddest place. heehee!

anyway, i absolutely looooooooooooved the movie. i ended up crying at the end. it doesnt seem like the kind of movie one would cry to, but i did. heehee! i just loved how it ended in the train. so cute and romantic! i was about to yell at spencer if he really didnt stay with her. ;)

i also loooved the dresses in this movie. they might have seemed like tattered old rags to loretta, but i thought they were the cutest little 30s dresses.

Hi Theresa, No fair! I don`t have a chance to figure out the title of Loretta`s movie. Her leading man is facing towards her, and I cannot see his face. LOL

Hey Theresa, It was easy to why Loretta and Spencer fell in love while making "Man`s Castle". The looks that they exchanged are clearly evident throughout the film. You have heard the story of Loretta breaking off the relationship with the married Spencer because the guilt and her religion meant too much. She sent Spencer a letter telling him why the affair must end, and simply signed me. Spencer never spoke about the letter to Loretta though their paths crossed thru the years. Many years later after her father`s death, Susie Tracy visited Loretta. She found the letter among her father`s possessions. Susie told Loretta that her father loved two women her mother and Loretta.

*hello swashy!!*

hello scotchy!

*why do you do this to me? you post those beautiful pics of loretta and expect us to answer what we think the movie is. honestly! heehee!*

I?m mean. :P

*i completely forgot about Love is News.*

Of all the people in the universe, you, Miss Romance Happy Girl, are the last one I would ever think could forget that Love is News. Why, L'amour, that's one of your favorite things, n'est-ce pas ? (except for singing, Tra la la).

*i hate when i do that! poor loretta! ill never do it again loretta. i promise. ;)*

Don?t forgive her, Loretta. Her promises are just so whatever. She forgot all about your movie, Love is News. How can you forgive someone like that?

*okay swashy....your turn. heehee! name that movie! ;)...pretty please.*

I haven?t the foggiest. I have a lot more important things to do that to sit around watching sappy movies. ;) (?Course Loretta is mighty tempting)

*Cashette* said: *Hi Theresa, No fair! I don`t have a chance to figure out the title of Loretta`s movie. Her leading man is facing towards her, and I cannot see his face.*

Hi *Cashette*, how are you! :) That?s just the way she is, *Cashette*. She did that on purpose. She deliberately chose a picture like that. I think she is in one of her muhawawawa moods.

Hi Ho, ButterScotchCaptionQueenExtraordinaire, I'm teasing you. I'm sure one of the LorettaPhiles over here will get that photo. You got me stumped. Nice to see you over here in Loretta Land. :)

hey shashyhead! oh what a beautiful morning! oh what a beautiful day!....well im in Texas, not Oklahoma, so that just ruined it. heehee!

*hello scotchy!*

heehee! i like that one!

*I?m mean.*

yes you are!!!! youve been taking lessons from frankie!

*Of all the people in the universe, you, Miss Romance Happy Girl, are the last one I would ever think could forget that Love is News. Why, L'amour, that's one of your favorite things, n'est-ce pas ? (except for singing, Tra la la).*

this is true!sappiness is among my favorite things, with singing of course. heehee! it was an accident, really! i didnt mean to forget it. she made so many movies, sometimes ill look over one or two, not on purpose. i could never do that to loretta! i love her movies too much!

*Don?t forgive her, Loretta. Her promises are just so whatever. She forgot all about your movie, Love is News. How can you forgive someone like that?*

well this just removed all doubt in my mind that you were mean. heehee! of course loretta forgives me! she's my grandpapa's high school girlfriend, other than grandmama....told me himself, so i have connections. heehee!

*I haven?t the foggiest. I have a lot more important things to do than to sit around watching sappy movies. (?Course Loretta is mighty tempting)*

haha!! i cant believe i caught the movie still king of them all! no, you cant be the picture king, thats snorky's job. heehee! ;)

do you want me to tell you? or i try and let maureen get it? heehee! i know she can get it...she knows more lorett than a little ol' pirate like you would know. heehee! ;)

*Hi Cashette, how are you! That?s just the way she is, Cashette. She did that on purpose. She deliberately chose a picture like that. I think she is in one of her muhawawawa moods.*

im right here! i can see that silly! no im just in a ........"happy-go-lucky" mood. heehee!

*Hi Ho, ButterScotchCaptionQueenExtraordinaire, I'm teasing you. I'm sure one of the LorettaPhiles over here will get that photo. You got me stumped. Nice to see you over here in Loretta Land.*

what kind of pirate song is that? one line? youre suppose to finish them silly! ;)

i love lorettaland! she will always be one of my favorites.

*Hi Theresa, No fair! I don`t have a chance to figure out the title of Loretta`s movie. Her leading man is facing towards her, and I cannot see his face. LOL*

ill give you a hint......her leading man in the picture is Norman Foster..i speak no more. heehee!

*Hey Theresa, It was easy to why Loretta and Spencer fell in love while making "Man`s Castle". The looks that they exchanged are clearly evident throughout the film. You have heard the story of Loretta breaking off the relationship with the married Spencer because the guilt and her religion meant too much. She sent Spencer a letter telling him why the affair must end, and simply signed me. Spencer never spoke about the letter to Loretta though their paths crossed thru the years. Many years later after her father`s death, Susie Tracy visited Loretta. She found the letter among her father`s possessions. Susie told Loretta that her father loved two women her mother and Loretta.*

yes, i had read that story in one of their bios. i dont remember if it was Spencer's or one of Loretta's. i didnt remember the part, however, about Spencer's Daughter Susie saying that.....that's very interesting. i wonder how she felt about that when she found the letter. she couldnt have been too happy with that. i dont know what i would hjave done if my daddy was in love with two women at once. yipes! what a thought.

you could tell they were in love in the movie though, those looks were unmistakable. i told this story to grandmama, and her reply was...."yeah she did the right thing and broke it off,....but then she ran off with clark gable!" my jaw dropped at grandmama and it made her giggle.....she was just being sarchastic, b/c she knows that subject alway gets to me. poor loretta!

*hey shashyhead! oh what a beautiful morning! oh what a beautiful day!....well im in Texas, not Oklahoma, so that just ruined it. heehee!*

Hey scotchyhead! I hope the Texas Rangers didn't hear you say that. Especially if you're really in Texas. Are you? Or are just pretending to be in a musical (that would be just like you ;) )

*I?m mean.*

*yes you are!!!! youve been taking lessons from frankie!*

I don't need lessons. I'm already that way. Have you forgotten that I have a sword?

*it was an accident, really! i didnt mean to forget it. she made so many movies, sometimes ill look over one or two, not on purpose. i could never do that to loretta! i love her movies too much!*

lorettaph.jpg

_Name that movie!_ If you really love her movies so much, this one should be piece of cake (but not chocolate!) for the LorettaFanScotchie. I expect you to nail this one right away. ;)

*of course loretta forgives me! she's my grandpapa's high school girlfriend, other than grandmama....told me himself, so i have connections. heehee!*

Don't believe her. Loretta. She's probably making that up. She'll do anything to get forgiven. You know how the muhawawa are?

Actually, I may just believe you. Do have any Loretta-grandpapa stories that you care to share with the group. :)

*do you want me to tell you? or i try and let maureen get it? heehee! i know she can get it...she knows more lorett than a little ol' pirate like you would know. heehee! ;)*

You mean that sneaky picture you put up there? No, no, let Maureen and the others give it a go. And you're right, a mangy ole pirate is no match for the experts with Loretta. Why, I doubt she was ever in a pirate movie...was she?

*no im just in a ........"happy-go-lucky" mood. heehee!*

Gee, how unusual. ;)

*Hi Ho, ButterScotchCaptionQueenExtraordinaire, I'm teasing you. I'm sure one of the LorettaPhiles over here will get that photo. You got me stumped. Nice to see you over here in Loretta Land.*

*what kind of pirate song is that? one line? youre suppose to finish them silly! ;)*

*i love lorettaland! she will always be one of my favorites.*

Oh, you mean because of the "Hi Ho." Haha, that's cute. It took me a minute to figure that out. No, that was a generic "Hi Ho," not a songy "Hi Ho." You don't miss a thing, do ya? ;) I don't think I would dare try one of those over here in Loretta Land. Loretta and Maureen would get mad at me and kick me out. As well as all her fans. Not even my sword could help me there ;).

Hi Laffite and Theresa, Now you do the same thing to me? I am not an expert on Loretta`s early 1930`s movies, but I do remember her wearing a fur coat in "Midnight Mary". The photo with Norman Foster stumped me. I do know a few facts about Norman. His first wife was Claudette Colbert, and they never shared the same home during their brief marriage. Claudette continued to live with her mother. Norman`s second marriage was to Sally Blane Loretta`s sister. He later became a director, and made one of my favorite Loretta movies "Rachel And The Stranger".

okay maureen, the picture i posted was...drum role please....heehee!......Play-Girl(1932). one of her other leading men in it wasWinnie Lightner.....great movie!

the first movie that popped in my head when laffite posted that fur coat pic of loretta was cafe Metropole....everytime i see her in a fur coat, i think of that mvoie...its a funny one. i dont know if its the right one though...is it laffite?

i completely forgot about norman foster directing her in Rachel and the Stranger. now i remember! that movie is definitely one of her i watch the most out of most of them...i just love it so much! i remembered he was married to her younger sister though. does that count? heehee! i think loretta was related to everyone with all her sisters running around getting married....to norman foster, Ricardo Montalbon, among other people. heehee! i think its cute! their family gatherings must have been a lu-lu!

*the first movie that popped in my head when laffite posted that fur coat pic of loretta was cafe Metropole....everytime i see her in a fur coat, i think of that mvoie...its a funny one. i dont know if its the right one though...is it laffite?*

Nope.

I'll give you a hint. Her leading man is Tyrone Power and she plays a famous person who is beleaguered by a newspaperman and so she gets revenge by doing something that really makes him mad and...

Do I need to say more?

:)