Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lovely Loretta Young

*muwahahahaha! heehee!*

Yike! You're using both of these in the same sentence! Wow, I may be sneaky but I'm also confused! I'm beginning to think you may have a split personality. You're not schizoid, are you? There _are_ heehee-muwahahaha syndromes. Maybe you have that. ;)

*i have news for you...*

That must be a hint, right? So that pic is from the same movie, then?

Message was edited by: laffite

*Yike! You're using both of these in the same sentence! Wow, I may be sneaky but I'm also confused! I'm beginning to think you may have a split personality. You're not schizoid, are you? There are heehee-muwahahaha syndromes. Maybe you have that.*

i knew that would catch your eye! ;)

yeah thats it, i have a split personality. look out laffite, here comes Sybil! heehee!

*That must be a hint, right? So that pic is from the same movie, then?*

no silly goose....it isnt from Love is News, but from another loretta/tyrone movie.

Hi Theresa, I asked my daughter to buy me the Tyronne Power romantic dvd gift set for my birthday. Since I haven`t received my present yet, my guess is "Cafe Metropole". Loretta will always remain my true classic beauty from the 1930`s and 1940`s. Tonight TCM is showing "The Farmer`s Daughter at 12:45 am.

*Hi Theresa, I asked my daughter to buy me the Tyronne Power romantic dvd gift set for my birthday. Since I haven`t received my present yet, my guess is "Cafe Metropole". Loretta will always remain my true classic beauty from the 1930`s and 1940`s. Tonight TCM is showing "The Farmer`s Daughter at 12:45 am.*

hey maureen!!!

i remember you telling me your b-day was in september too, but i was trying to guess what day it was...would you care to enlighten me? ;)

by the way, you had it right, the pic was from Cafe Metrolpole. great job! i think ill just have to watch Farmer's Daughter when it comes on tonight. i havent seen it in about a month. heehee! i always love to immitate her cute little acccent in it.

Hey Theresa, Cafe Metrople was a lucky guess for me. It is the movie from the set that I most want to see. Loretta wore a wedding gown in "The Stranger" with Orson Welles. "The Farmer`s Daughter" was shown last night, and I watched the movie again. My two favorite scenes are Joseph Cotten showing off while ice skating while Loretta laughs, and the swedish massage. I hit the big 60 today September 12th.

is this cute or what?!

U719485ACME.jpg?size=67&uid={37a970d6-cf22-4e2b-8bee-a5a599cb80ec}

Loretta made her sixtieth "personal appearance" over enemy-occupied Europe, but they've all been "proxy" trips. The Loretta Young who's soared over Hitler's land, raining bombs and destruction on military objectives, is a Ninth Air Force B-26 Marauder, which the actress autographed back in the states.

swasheroo!!

*Actually, I may just believe you. Do have any Loretta-grandpapa stories that you care to share with the group.*

i just always watch loretta movie withgrandmama and grandpapa will come into the room and sit in his recliner and watch them with me and her and later into the movie he'll tell me something he remembers from high school at times...its too cute!

one time i was watching her in Cause for Alarm with Barry Sullivan and he pointed to the screen and said, "that was my girlfriend in high school!" me and gramdmama both looked at him at the same time and said, "yeah right." grandmama was his girlfriend in high school....it turns out he was planning to committ bigomy and marry both of them.heehee! not really, he was being funny, but he had a huge crush on her when her show used to be on TV and he actually took grandmama to the theater to watch her movies for dates....;)

*...but he had a huge crush on her when her show used to be on TV and he actually took grandmama to the theater to watch her movies for dates....;)*

Well, that probably didn't make grandmama feel very good, did it? Maybe she said to him, "Okay, we'll go her movies and you can look at her, but not too much. Now and then you have to turn your head and look at me." ;)

Hey Theresa, Thanks for the birthday message. My daughter bought me a chocolate birthday cake, and we had dinner at Applebee`s. My son gave me a new dvd vcr combo player. Today my daughter gift to me arrived from Amazon. You know that the first movie that I will be watching from the Tyronne Power dvd set is Cafe Metropole, followed by Love Is News and Second Honeymoon. We never can watch too many Loretta movies.

*Well, that probably didn't make grandmama feel very good, did it? Maybe she said to him, "Okay, we'll go her movies and you can look at her, but not too much. Now and then you have to turn your head and look at me."*

actually she didnt mind very much, because next to Junie Allyson, Loretta Young was also one of her all time favorites back then....still is. heehee! she thought it was rather romantic, but i think she did tell him not to drool too much....i think the whole situation is just too cute! i love my grandparents! heehee! ;)

*Hey Theresa, Thanks for the birthday message. My daughter bought me a chocolate birthday cake, and we had dinner at Applebee`s. My son gave me a new dvd vcr combo player. Today my daughter gift to me arrived from Amazon. You know that the first movie that I will be watching from the Tyronne Power dvd set is Cafe Metropole, followed by Love Is News and Second Honeymoon. We never can watch too many Loretta movies.*

your quite welcome Maureen!! i have another friend who's name is Maureen and her birthday is coming up in November.

how was your dinner at applebee's? did you get Dessert? what a question! heehee! are you having fun with your new DVD player? my momma stil has fun with her DVD player, goodness knows she's recorded more stuff! heehee!

whatever could give a person such an idea as too much Loretta movies.....no such thing of course! heehee! i still havent seen Second Honeymoon....i will look forward to eventually getting that box set. you will loooooove Cafe Metropole, though...it is such a cute movie! tell me what you think, okay. ;)

im glad you had a wonderful birthday!!!

Hi Theresa, The first movie that I watched was "Love Is News" The disc for that movie included a feature on Loretta and Tyronne. It was very enlightning to hear how well matched they were, and Loretta and Tyronne dated for a year. "Suez" changed everything. "Love Is News" was Tyronne`s first starring role, and Loretta was a stinker to him. She wanted to get back at him, and she sure did! The movie is classified as a screwball comedy. Does your Grandpa watch the older movies too with you and Grandma? I enjoy reading your stories so much. My choice at Applebee`s was riblets and chicken fingers. We ate the birthday cake at home. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

hey maureen!

sorry i have been sick lately...so far my whole family has gotten it. heehee!

i would love to see that feature about loretta and ty. sounds very enlightening! im surely i would enjoy it...apparently you loved it. heehee! i seriously dont see how ty could choose annabella over loretta...goodness! heehee!

grandpapa watched A Man's castle with me when i told you about my first viewing of it....he said he didnt remember when it came out, of course he wasa toddler when it came out, but thats a minor detail. heehee! he does love many of her older movie when she was very young, but he seems to enjoy her later ones more, b/c those are the ones he remembers most when going on dates with grandmama. they went to, i think, ....lets see they got married in 1959, and dated for a long time. i seem to remember grandmama mentioning some of their date movies....Half Angel, It Happens Every Thursday, Because of You, and i think they went to a few more, but i cant remember which ones...then they went to each other's house when her show would come on TV every week and sat together watching it with their families....talk about cute moments. heehee! i have a picture of grandmama on grandpapa's lap when they were dating in the 50s... they are too cute!

they didnt only go see loretta movie at the theater though, grandmama's favorites were loretta, junie allyson, and rock hudson and a few more to say the least....well before she found out his secret...it killed her, she still cries everytime we watch a movie of his. heehee! her favorite movie of his is Written on the Wind and apparently they went to that one as a date too. heehee!

sounds like you had a tasty birthday maureen!! im glad you got your birthday dinner! ribblets are good arent they? they can be somewhat addicting if you arent careful...i never use my fingers in anything i eat, not even sandwhiches, i use utensils, but when i eat ribs, its a whole different story. i use hands all the way up to my elbows....so much fun to eat them... heehee! ;) what kind of cake did you have?