Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lovely Loretta Young

You mean you had to guess? I would have thought an expert like you would know this right away ;)

(I secretly believe that you did.)

She is so particularly beautiful in this movie it almost takes your breath away. Those eyes.

Hi Laffitte, I haven`t seen all of Loretta`s early 1930`s movies. The beautiful white satin gown and beaded hat that she wore in the nightclub scene stayed with me. Loretta was stunning in this movie.

Hi Chandler, Thanks for the good news. I will defintely buy the box set when it arrives on the market. The only movie that I have seen Tyronne and Loretta in is "Suez". What a pleasure to see Judy Lewis at the taping. She loved her mother, and I eagerly awaite to hear what you both say.

hey maureen!!

i finally got her movie road to lourdes!! it is such a great movie, but it is part of her show. it even has her triwling her dress while closing the door before the movie starts. in addition to TCM my grandmama also watches EWTN on occasion and she spotted them playing it on there so she recorded it for me, b/c she knows i love any loretta movie! plus lourdes iswhere st. bernadette was from. heehee!

have you seen it yet?

Did y'all catch WEEKEND MARRIAGE this morning on TCM? Loretta looked so lovely in it. Norman Foster (boring) and GeorgiePorgie Brent (cute!) costarred. I wish I had known sooner or I would have recorded it. I like all her pre-codes.

I think the similarity lies in the plot point of the girl's older sister (Lee Patrick/Aline MacMahon) convincing girl (Loretta/Ann) to trick the boy (John/Norman) into proposing just before he's off to take a job in South America. After that ensues usual marriage woes. :) My favorite scenes are between always delightful Aline MacMahon and her sarcastic husband, played by funny Roscoe Karnes.

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

> yes i think you are right about this sweet april. wow! they are more al ike than i was originally thinking. thats interesting.

>

> those scenes are some of my favorites too. tey are too cute! im always in the mood for either of these movies.

I'm always in the mood for Aline MacMahon and Rosco Karnes, as well as Frank McHugh, Hugh Herbert, Edward Everett Horton, Una Merkel and all those other marvelous 1930s familiar faces.

I'm always in the mood for Aline MacMahon and Rosco Karnes, as well as Frank McHugh, Hugh Herbert, Edward Everett Horton, Una Merkel and all those other marvelous 1930s familiar faces.

oh i love edward everett horton and una merkel in all their mvoies. they make me laugh way too muhc, but then again noone can laugh too much! heehee! and when they are together they are a riot!

Hi Theresa, No I have not seen "Road To Lourdes". I know that it is available for sale on her website, and another Loretta site that I recently discovered. Loretta has a my space.com site that is worth visiting. Photos are posted, and her son Chris and daughter-in-law Linda have written nice memories of Loretta.

Hi Miss Goddess, Darn I missed "Weedend For Marriage" on Tuesday. My vcr hasn`t been recording properly, and I didn`t notice the movie in my Now Playing. I enjoy Loretta`s precode movies too, and I have never seen this movie before. Norman Foster was soon to be Loretta`s brother in law, and we both enjoy George Brent.

i saw those pics and read those memories everyone wrote about her. i just love that site! it is bookmarked as one of my favorites on my computer. heehee! i printed out all those coloring pages because i love to color when watching my sappy movies sometimes and when i color one i always go back and print it out again. heehee! i know its something a 6 year old, but coloring is highly underrated! its so fun! ;)

Hi Theresa, Wow! A Man`s Castle" will finally be shown on TCM Monday, June 30 at 10am. I have waited a long time to see the film where Loretta and Spencer Tracy fell in love.TCm will also be showing "Bedtime Story" in June. They have enough films of Loretta`s in their vaults to give her serious consideration for SOTM.A night of Loretta`s pre code films would be very desirable..

!

TCM will be showing two more of Loretta`s pre code films in June. "The Truth About Youth" will be shown on June 12th at 9:30 am. "Grand Slam" is scheduled for June 30th at 8:45 am. "The Farmer`s Daughter" will be shown on June 28th in a salute to the films of Ethel Barrymore.