Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Lady Stanwyck

When Barbara`s hair started to turn gray in her forties, she refused to color her hair. Her fans would accept her as she was. Babarba was so right. The only time that she dyed her hair was for the movie "Stella Dallas". Barbara was a stunning looking woman throughout her career.

Lovely pictures of "Missy", FG! I never saw that later picture of her and Bob Taylor---is that from a movie they did together? I thought they only did a couple together, in the early days.

My favorite BS movies: *East Side, West Side, B.F.'s Daughter, My Reputation, Remember the Night, All I Desire, The Mad Miss Manton, A Lost Lady, Baby Face, Meet John Doe* and *Clash by Night*.

Here's a trivia question for you: what is the city captured in the background of that still of Stanwyck and Taylor from "The Night Walker"? (I ask not to quiz but because I'd like to know where the movie, which I have not seen, is set. The scene reminds me of Reno but for various reasons I'm confident it's not Reno.)

Could be San Francisco. I would expect to see more development and evidence of steeper grades, but the background is blurry enough that one can't be certain just how how developed or hilly that city is. Also if it were San Francisco I would think the horizon wouldn't be that nearly horizontal, assuming that is the horizon.

Thanks for reposting Missy photos. I couldn`t remember it it was Miss Goddess or FH. My very first post here in July was on Barbara Stanwyck. With TCM`s upgrade on the site, all the photos from my first post are gone. My daughter told me that I should start a folder so this won`t happen again. In the meantime I can enjoy them on your site FG.