Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Lady Stanwyck

I have to admit that Stanwyck was never in my favorites club; although, I always gave her her due as a powerhouse. But, seeing her films this Christmas has given me a knew appreciation for her and her talent. I especially liked seeing _Christmas in Connecticut_ this year. I made myself sit down and watch the whole thing from beginning to end, something I had never done with that film before. I laughed out loud, and I was by myself!

I think I first fell in love with Lady Stanwyck way back when I was in college and watched *Double Indemnity* for the first time. However, *Christmas in Connecticut* is also a big favourite of mine, and a great movie to watch during the holidays. I love the chemistry between Babs and Dennis Morgan. And of course, Sydney Greenstreet and "Cuddles" Sakall are great in the supporting cast. B-)

> {quote:title=ArmandDuval wrote:}{quote}

> Ha! No, FF. I had to go out to dinner, and I just got home. I haven't even turned on the TV, and I don't know what is on tonight! Blasphemy! ;)

Well, that's OK. It's a special original production for TCM and it's going to be shown a couple more times this month.

And now that I think of it, I know why my train of thought jumped from Stanwyck to Disney live-action films: Fred MacMurray. He was in *Double Indemnity*, and then later in a bunch of Disney's live-action movies. So that's what I must have been thinking. ;)

I almost forgot about this movie playing tonight as part of the Joseph Cotton SOTM tribute:

*The Man With A Cloak* (1951)

A mystery man tries to help a young innocent escape a murderous housekeeper.

Cast: Barbara Stanwyck, Joseph Cotten, Leslie Caron. Dir: Fletcher Markle. BW-81 mins, TV-PG