Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AMERICA HELD HOSTAGE BY trump/ THESE ARE THE TIMES THAT TRY MEN'S SOULS

DAY 203

" Let us remember we are all part of one American Family.

We are United in Common Values,

And that includes Belief in Equality under the Law,

Basic Respect for Public Order,

And the Right of Peaceful Protest. "

Barack Obama, The 44th President of the United States of America

• Like 1

DAY 205

The unite the right Alliance has decided in Charlottesville to make their last stand in front of the Robert E Lee Monument.

The Hoods and White Sheets have come off.

The Unholy Alliance between the Klan, neo-Nazis and various alt right groups is Downright Disgusting and Despicable.

The violence and hatred that they have Unleashed upon the small College Community is further aggravated by The President of the United States' refusAl to call it for what it is:

a deliberate attack and show of racist and

anti-Semitic force by white supremacists domestic terrorists, using the Confederacy of Jefferson Davis, Robert E Lee and John Wilkes Booth, an insurrectionist racist organization in history, as their legacy.

Terrorists have been running Vehicles into crowds in Europe and that's been considered to be an act of terrorism. When this was accomplished at the alt right rally, it was considered just to be one of those things by our president.

Our president is more concerned about the support that he has in the white supremacist alt-right groups then he cares about the welfare and civil rights of a majority of American citizens.

Yesterday we got a photo of one alt right white supremacist supporter wearing the Confederate flag on his T-shirt and swinging the Nazi swastika in his hands.

That is a marriage made in the hell of the belly of the Ku Klux Klan.

I read a comment from one older gentleman who said that he had fought the Nazis over 70 years ago in Europe and he was ready to fight them again in Charlottesville.

So many Americans have given their lives, not just in World War II, but also in the fight against the Jim Crow South during the Martin Luther King Non-Violent Civil Rights Movement - - which was indeed very violent against black people, Jews and anyone else who tried to help these Americans exercise their civil rights.

It was Joseph P. Kennedy III, a Congressman from Massachusetts, who did tell us yesterday also that too many Americans had already made sacrifices, some the ultimate sacrifice of their life, to help insure equality for all in this country.

For us to go backwards now is a denigration of those American Patriots who died in order that this country insure the ConstitutionAl rights of all Americans --regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.

Martin Luther King was not martyred so that the Klan, some hateful Relic from the South's filthy and putrid Jim Crow past and every other extreme right-wing group could March boldly and openly in our society attacking our young people, who have been taught about the Civil Rights Movement and who believe that all Americans have equal rights.

Maybe we should be teaching our young people something different on Martin Luther King Day. Maybe we should be teaching them about the reality of hate and racism in America and how every generation in this country has to be vigilant and continue fighting these extreme right-wing hate groups like the Breitbart supported Ku Klux Klan and the Neo-Nazis in order for all Americans to be able to exercise their civil rights.

As long as these groups are alive and well in America, all Americans have to fight them and demand that their message of hate is drowned out by our message of Constitutional Freedom, Liberty, and Equality for all Americans.

If you give a damn about what's going on in Charlottesville, then you have to condemn the laxidasical and downright Un-American response, by our so-called president, to this hateful exercise in white domestic terrorism.

As many are asking this morning again, whether it's a Vladimir Putin in Russia or a white supremacist in America, whose side is this President really on?

It appears that the only people in public that he will not humiliate and harangue are the Russian International Thug Putin and violent white supremacists, led by men like David Duke and Richard Spencer, who are promoted by Trump's top aide Steve Bannon.

Who do you side with? And why?

As a Patriotic American, I have no choice but to side with the Constitution and with all those Americans who have fought against the Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan, and every other hate-filled group or organization who would destroy our Freedom and our Democracy.

Who do you side with?

DAY 206

It's been a few years now but probably no more than 10 that the Klan came to Northeast Kansas to March. They started out trying to recruit people and doing guerrilla warfare against some black businesses.

What occurred was that the people who cared about democracy came out and marched against them.

Particularly the head of the NAACP, who was a World War II veteran and a retired US Army Colonel. He said that he had fought for this not to come over in the United States and he didn't care how old he was he was going to be out there marching against them.

These people come to invade somebody's home; it's absolutely necessary that you put up some kind of show--resistance that not only you don't like it but also they just don't have the right.

Nothing bad happened because the police kept both sides apart. But the thing you need to realize about what happened Saturday is that these white supremist were armed and dressed for battle.

I've seen much of the video on Saturday and that's the only way I could read it. There was a question about both sides being bad. That's just coming out of racism-- racist talk. The white supremacist came to beat people up and they came from out of state.

Nothing bad happened in Northeast Kansas, not that day because the police were alerted and kept people apart and maybe we were just lucky.

But also I feel like nothing bad happened up here because we're not a slave state, never have been a slave state, never will be a slave state. That's why there's been so much advancement here and that Kansas represents really desegregation in the United States with the Brown versus Board.

It's been my experience having lived on both the Kansas and the Missouri side, that slave states simply have a more difficult issue to deal with whenever they're dealing with black people. The heritage of Jim Crow just doesn't get up and fly away overnight.

In Kansas City, Mo they've had so many issues and so many problems that we've never had in Northeast Kansas. And that may be because they had a succinct

Jim Crow, color line, right up to the 60s riots. Plus they had riots in Kansas City Missouri after Martin Luther King was assassinated.

When you got that history of slavery, it just never goes away in terms of how the black people are treated within that community.

We used to have a joke that I think it's still funny, but it may not be PC and since I'm not PC I don't care.

If a black man stood on Stateline back in the day or modern Jim Crow in Kansas City, one leg would be a slave and the other leg would be free.

That is the family version of the way we tell that joke. LOL

Anytime you think it's okay to smear Jim Crow and slavery in a black person's face, you just put yourself in their position just for one minute and see how that would make you feel.

Again since I lived so close to both sides for years, it just is amazing as to how life is so different just a few blocks away.

BTW-- The Hitching Post where they chained black people to be sold on the slave market still exist in a near downtown shopping area. It's something to see that just takes your breath away. And it's something all those black people in Kansas City live with. And I have to say they have had-- my entire life --problems with their harassment of black people in that shopping and entertainment area. But it's just part of their history and they have to live with it.

In Kansas we have Underground Railroad Homes,sites and it's just so very different.

They recently built a new high school in Lawrence Kansas. They only had one for decades. They couldn't decide what to name it. There was only one name that everybody could agree on.

And that was Free State-- that probably best describes Northeast Kansas.

DAY 209

" You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.

You are able to say to yourself,

' I lived through this horror.

I can take the next thing that comes along. ' "

Eleanor Roosevelt,

The Longest Serving First Lady of the United States of America

The ghostwriter of "The Art of the Deal" thinks President Donald Trump will eventually call it quits.

Tony Schwartz, the man behind Trump's 1987 memoir, took to Twitter on Wednesday to vocalize his forecast for Trump's political future.

"The circle is closing at blinding speed," Schwartz tweeted. "Trump is going to resign and declare victory before Mueller and congress leave him no choice."

In a follow-up tweet, he added: "Trump's presidency is effectively over. Would be amazed if he survives till end of the year. More likely resigns by fall, if not sooner."

"I surely believe that at some point over the next period of time, he's going to have to figure out a way to resign," Schwartz said. "The reason he's going to do that, as opposed to go through what could be an impeachment process or a continuing humiliation, is that he wants to figure out a way, as he has done all his career, to turn a loss into a victory. So he will declare victory when he leaves."  from CNN 

• Like 2

The ghostwriter of "The Art of the Deal" thinks President Donald Trump will eventually call it quits.

Tony Schwartz, the man behind Trump's 1987 memoir, took to Twitter on Wednesday to vocalize his forecast for Trump's political future.

"The circle is closing at blinding speed," Schwartz tweeted. "Trump is going to resign and declare victory before Mueller and congress leave him no choice."

In a follow-up tweet, he added: "Trump's presidency is effectively over. Would be amazed if he survives till end of the year. More likely resigns by fall, if not sooner."

"I surely believe that at some point over the next period of time, he's going to have to figure out a way to resign," Schwartz said. "The reason he's going to do that, as opposed to go through what could be an impeachment process or a continuing humiliation, is that he wants to figure out a way, as he has done all his career, to turn a loss into a victory. So he will declare victory when he leaves." from CNN

No wonder Trump thinks that the White House is a dump. And I'm not talking about the fact that he's not patriotic and that he doesn't love this country--because all patriotic Americans love the White House-- because it's

"Our House".

(Jackie Kennedy said that she renovated and redecorated the White House, so it would have more historical significance for Americans because when she visited there as a teenager, she was disappointed not to find more American History and Heritage within it.)

What I'm trying to say is that when a man has been living like

Louis Quatorze (14) at Versailles and running around saying that just like Louis:

L'état, c'est moi! The nation, that's just me.

It's going to be very boring to live in a place like the White House where people keep telling you all the time that you can't do whatever you want and that there are checks and balances and you're not really the equal of the nation because we have such silly things like the balance of powers in the Constitution.

You can bet Louis XIV didn't have to worry about any silly Constitution.

So then being President of the United States is ruining the lifestyle of a man who is exceedingly wealthy with many properties who can live the way he wants to and never have anyone tell him that he can't do anything.

Who would have thought that being president could be so boring and dull.

What I read into that Tuesday Press Conference - - was not just the obvious racism which he has displayed from not just the campaign, but for decades - -

But was that he was a man who was tired of people telling him what to do when he had spent his whole life doing whatever the **** he wanted to do because he had the money and he could.

We're standing in the way of Donald Trump's lifestyle--

Because at the moment I feel like maybe he thinks he's 7 months behind in his golf games and 7 months behind in grabbing *****.

We've had some bad presidents in the past, but Fred Trump's little jerk of a son breaks the mold.

God save the Presidency!

• Like 1

DAY 209

" You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.

Eleanor Roosevelt,

DAY 210

" The present difficulty, in bringing all parts of the United States to a happy Unity and love of country, grows out of a Prejudice to color.

The Prejudice is a Senseless one, but it exists. "

Ulysses S Grant, the 18th President of the United States of America &

The General who won the Civil War to keep the United States of America a Sovereign Nation

DAY 211

" Those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. "

General William " Marching Through Georgia " Sherman

Civil War, United States Army Major General, 1861-1865

Civil War, Commander of the Western Theater,

United States Army Major General, 1864-1865

Commanding General of the United States Army, 1869-1883

West Point Graduate, 1840

* Best known for his March to the Sea, November 15 - December 21, 1864

DAY 214

" We must scrupulously guard the Civil Rights and Civil Liberties of All Our Citizens, whatever their background.

We must remember that any Oppression, any Injustice, any HATRED, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization. "

Franklin Delano Roosevelt,

32nd President of the United States of America, 1933-1945

DAY 213

" We should call Evil by its name.

My Brother didn't Give his Life Fighting Hitler

for Nazi ideas to go Unchallenged Here at Home. "

Orrin Hatch, Utah Republican, United Stated Senator, 1977-present

Hatch is one of the most egregious GOP schtootz sell-outs.

DAY 216

" There may be times when we are powerless to prevent Injustice,

But there must Never be a time when we Fail to Protest. "

Elie Wiesel, Holocaust Survivor of Auschwitz and Buchenwald Concentration Camps

Nobel Peace Prize, 1986

Presidential Medal of Freedom

Writer, Humanitarian, Peace Activist

DAY 209

Eleanor Roosevelt,

DAY 210

" The present difficulty, in bringing all parts of the United States to a happy Unity and love of country, grows out of a Prejudice to color.

The Prejudice is a Senseless one, but it exists. "

Ulysses S Grant, the 18th President of the United States of America &

The General who won the Civil War to keep the United States of America a Sovereign Nation