Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MissGoddess

Noir Gallery

One of the most realistic and believable denizens of noir is *Edmond O'Brien* . One seldom if ever meets anyone in real life who looks like Dana Andrews or Alan Ladd---but there are plenty of guys like O'Brien, there always have been---just not with his talent.

edmond_obrien.jpg

*O'Brien in 1984*

eddieo.jpg

edmondoin1984.jpg

DOA.jpg

edmondo.jpg

EdmondOBrieninDOA.jpg

*O'Brien with Terry Moore in Two of a Kind*

EOwterrymooreintwoofakind.jpg

A few bad cops.

*Where The Sidewalk Ends*

wheresidewalkends.jpg

*Touch of Evil*

orson20welles.jpg

*The Man Who Cheated Himself*

cobbjwyattmanwhocheatedhimself.jpg

*Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye*

kisstomorrowgoodbye.jpg

*Rogue Cop*

roguecop.jpg

*On Dangerous Ground*

GroundRyanBaja.jpg

"I was born when she kissed me, I died when she left me, I lived a few weeks while she loved me."

*In A Lonely Place*

lonely0.gif

lonely1.jpg

lonely2.jpg

lonely3.jpg

lonely4.jpg

lonely5.jpg

lonely6.jpg

lonely8.jpg

lonely9.jpg

You weren't lying about posting some nice photos today, Miss Gun for Hire. Claire Trevor is always appreciated.

My favorite photos are from last evening. I cannot get enough of Gloria Grahame. Those were spectacular. I've haven't watched *In a Lonely Place* but I do have it on DVD now. It's one of the films I have been anticpating to watch since I got into film noir.

Five minutes with Gloria Grahame is all a film like *Odds Against Tomorrow* needs:

oat1.jpg

oat3.jpg

oat4.jpg

oat2.jpg

I think In a Lonely Place will knock you out.

I'm betting you are right. So do you think a guy should trust Gloria Grahame in a game of chance?

macao1.jpg

macao2.jpg

macao3.jpg

I love film noir posters. I really need to get Eddie Muller's book, The Art Of Noir: The Posters and Graphics from the Classical Era of Film Noir.

House of Bamboo is a very interesting film. Robert Ryan is terrific in the film. Love Samuel Fuller. I own Rififi but I still haven't watched it yet. I'm in the process of making up for lost film-watching time, so I should get to it soon. My first screening of In a Lonely Place is the next noir on the docket for me. This Gloria Grahame groupie is champing at the...

Hey, Arkadin -- Ohh, I'm gonna have to put a little jump in my step. Gloria Grahame hasn't let me down yet, and I'm expecting her performance to be one of her best, if not her best. I will see. I'm hoping to watch *Vertigo* tomorrow so that I can finally post in that thread and I want to peep The Fountainhead for the first time this week. I think I can "squeeze" Gloria in this week. Yeah, I'm sure of it.

Just for you, Double F, here's some Mitchum from Angel Face. The caps from this film are a little tough in the clarity department.

The first cap is Mitch's reaction after "Angel Face" returns his slap with a slap of her own:

aface1.jpg

aface2.jpg

aface3.jpg

aface4.jpg

aface5.jpg

I could fire up some Cape Fear, if you like.