Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MissGoddess

Noir Gallery

Great noir posters, Arkadin--thanks so very much. I love the Spanish title for *In A Lonely Place* .

More poster treats from "A". Thanks. I've never watched a "Marilyn" film but the one I want to see the most is Niagara. I taped The Sniper off of TCM but I've yet to watch it. I have The Big Clock on DVD. It's a very solid film. Elsa Lanchester shines again.

Before I hit the sack, I have to tell you that imo NIAGARA is Joseph Cotten's best performance, after SHADOW OF A DOUBT.

And Marilyn is quite scenic.

Jean Peters is down-to-earth and very likeable.

I always have to watch it when it's on. Good movie with noir touches.

Hey, I like that you continue to sneak over to this noir forum, BG. I gotta return to the horror forum again.

I've heard good things about *Niagara* and I'm a fan of Cotten. It seems like a natural fit for me. I thank you for sharing your quick thoughts on the film. I've definitely filed them away.

Miss Irena -- You weren't lying about those publicity photos for Cat People. Amazing. I just love pub pics.

So, should we sympathize with or fear the cat? Who wants to open the cage?

catpeople2.jpg

catpeople3.jpg

catpeople4.jpg

catpeople5.jpg

catpeople6.jpg

catpeople7.jpg

>>>So, should we sympathize with or fear the cat? Who wants to open the cage?<<<

Sympathize---cat's don't belong in cages. Those who try to cage them, do so at their own risk.

My pleasure, Frank. I think you'll enjoy it.

They filmed on location in Niagara. Gorgeous. And I remember reading that Cotten's very believable portrayal of an emotionally fragile guy drew praise from people in the mental health field at the time! It might even be argued (by me) that he's even BETTER here than in SOAD.

This is the noir side of MM, and she pulls it off quite well.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

And I remember reading that Cotten's very believable portrayal of an emotionally fragile guy drew praise from people in the mental health field at the time!

Well, that's a very interesting tidbit. We're now talking Val Lewton territory.

It might even be argued (by me) that he's even BETTER here than in SOAD.

I'm note sure I have seen a Cotten performance that I didn't like yet. Keep in mind, my well doesn't run too deep. My favorite is Shadow of a Doubt, with Portrait of Jennie running a close second, followed by Hush... Hush, Sweet Charlotte and The Third Man.

I'm also a fan of Mankiewicz's off-center Somewhere in the Night.

somewhere1.jpg

somewhere2.jpg

somewhere3.jpg

somewhere4.jpg

This is from my favorite scene in the film:

somewhere5.jpg

I also enjoy the succeeding scene:

somewhere6.jpg

Nice shots, I should watch *Somewhere in the Night* again. I remember being totally thrown for a loop by Conte's character. And you'd think a six year-old would have seen through him.

I have always thought that Joseph Cotten could play a wolfman. He's got that kind of hair, have you noticed? That widow's peak, it kinda reminds me of Henry Hull in WEREWOLF OF LONDON.

Only I could come up with this bizarre rumination.

>>>Golly -- it looks like Fate stuck out its foot and tripped Al Roberts. <<<

I admit to not being a fan of Detour, but lines like that are hard to forget. Poor Tom Neal, what ghastly detours he took off screen. He really seemed to live under a dark cloud and his life story could spawn a hundred noirs.

Miss Gullible -- Nice shots, I should watch Somewhere in the Night again. I remember being totally thrown for a loop by Conte's character. And you'd think a six year-old would have seen through him.

Ohhh, no. And here I thought you were going to run roughshod over those Irish fellas. It looks like Irish eyes are gonna be a smilin'.

When Irish eyes are smilin',

Sure, it's like a morn in spring,

In the lilt of Irish laughter

You can hear the angels sing.

When Irish hearts are happy,

All the world seems bright and gay,

And when Irish eyes are smilin',

Sure, they steal your heart away.

By the way, did Ken write those lyrics? I thought so.

Bronxie -- I'm glad you haven't escaped noir island yet. And there's no escaping me. Ouch! Curse that voodoo doll of yours.

So you think Joseph Cotten could have been the Wolfman, eh? How's this look work for you?

undercap1.jpg

Who the heck has their hands on his shoulders? Are those your hands, BG?

undercap2.jpg