Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Noir Gallery

MissGoddess

Ohhhh, I forgot about that. Don't set your alarm. I'd rather you get your rest. Maybe check

out The Narrow Margin, instead.

No I have to set my alarm.. ha. It is the MARTYR in me... ha.

Actually.. it does sound like a good story.. and the nice part about setting an alarm... it takes me like 15 seconds to go over... push RECORD (the remote control doesn't work right so maybe that is why I am not having any luck programming.. ha) anyway... after I push record... I can just go back to sleep. I can live with that... and besides.... THIS way.. I can make it SEEM like so much more of a SACRIFICE for me to have watched it.. ha.

I've seen The Searchers

OH REALLY???????????????? hmmmmm. Well... What are the two Duke/Fords you have not seen then, because I still have a couple on my own list I have yet to find and probably have not seen them either..

Oh wait... unless ONE of the ones you have yet to see would happen to be:

wayne02.jpg

And PS... if you HAVE seen THIS one too... then how about BLOOD ALLEY. It is not a FORD and I have NOT seen it in YEARS... but I would be very interested in hearing what you thought of it.

Silly Goose

Hey.. was that a personal attack??? Because for some reason right now I feel as though I have just been attacked....

And now suddenly.. and mysteriously... that feeling is gone...

Message was edited by: rohanaka

Actually.. it does sound like a good story.. and the nice part about setting an

alarm... it takes me like 15 seconds to go over... push RECORD (the remote control

doesn't work right so maybe that is why I am not having any luck programming.. ha)

anyway... after I push record... I can just go back to sleep. I can live with that... and

besides.... THIS way.. I can make it SEEM like so much more of a SACRIFICE for

me to have watched it.. ha.

The sacrifice part is what I fear!

Well... What are the two Duke/Fords you have not seen then, because I still have

a couple on my own list I have yet to find and probably have not seen them either..

Oh wait... unless ONE of the ones you have yet to see would happen to be:

Oh, crap! It's not two, but three. I haven't seen Donovan's Reef, 3 Godfathers,

and The Long Voyage Home.

And PS... if you HAVE seen THIS one too... then how about BLOOD ALLEY. It is not

a FORD and I have NOT seen it in YEARS... but I would be very interested in hearing

what you thought of it.

I don't have Blood Alley, so that one is out for me.

Silly Goose

Hey.. was that a personal attack??? Because for some reason right now I feel as though

I have just been attacked.

It's all in your imagination just like it's in so many other people's imagination. Well, at least

this is what we've been told by Mrs. Iselin.

Ohhhh, and since this is a gallery thread where I'm imagining being stalked...

manchuriancandidate4.jpg

I don't have Blood Alley

Me either.. and like I said... it has been a long time since Iast saw it, so it is likely just as well. But I still recall how much I liked it. I bet you would as well. Will have to keep an eye out for it sometime.

It's not two, but three. I haven't seen Donovan's Reef, 3 Godfathers,

and The Long Voyage Home.

I have never seen The Long Voyage Home either (and have not been able to track it down yet, but I am still trying) and although I LOVE 3 Godfathers... I think some OTHER gals on here have been itching to chat up Donovan's Reef... so there you have it. And besides, I could USE a good laugh the way things have been going lately.. ha. So your mission, if you choose to accept it... watch DR sometime soon. (and then report for a ramble).

In the meantime... I will make the SUPREME (whining) sacrifice and go set my alarm this very minute... so I can tape my NOIR FILM FEST and then hopefully can watch at least some of them in the next day or so.... and we will take our little walk on the grey side.. ha. (Oh.. the THINGS I do for you... ha. How was that... did it sound "put upon" enough?????) ha. :P:P

It's all in your imagination just like it's in so many other people's imagination. Well, at least

this is what we've been told by Mrs. Iselin.

That's what I thought... gee.. we have a good imagination...

Now I gotta go set my alarm.... ugh... I can hear that awful noise beep beeping at me already.......

I never would have known you guys were rumbling down here because of unjustified editing.

Of all the gin joints....Miss Peacemaker I don't think I ever thought I'd

see you here! :D Yay!

Don't worry about your black-and-white status---I'm as black-and-white as

they come myself and I reason that since "noir" translates black...NOT grey/gray...we

are half-way safe. :)

Tension is good if you want to see a bad girl (Miss G) and a sweet girl (I've got no

reference on this board)

Ladies.... I will break out the hatpin immediately....

I know someone who is NOT safe, though. Care to pass the time with a little

Solitaire, Mr Grimes?

Me? I'll be dead long before then.

Can't be soon enough. But do watch Donovan's Reef first. You'll love it! :D

'Scuses, 'scuses.

That's all I got!

I never would have known you guys were rumbling down here because of unjustified editing.

You don't say.

Don't worry about your black-and-white status---I'm as black-and-white as

they come myself and I reason that since "noir" translates black...NOT grey/gray...we

are half-way safe.

Your heart is certainly noir, that's for sure. :P

I know someone who is NOT safe, though. Care to pass the time with a little

Solitaire, Mr Grimes?

How did you know I was brainwashed? Ohhh, that's right, because we're all being

brainwashed. Uh-huh.

But do watch Donovan's Reef first. You'll love it!

It can't be any worse than McLintock!. :P

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> 'Scuses, 'scuses.

>

> That's all I got!

>

And don't we know it!

>

> Your heart is certainly noir, that's for sure. :P

>

No, YOURS is.

>

> How did you know I was brainwashed? Ohhh, that's right, because we're all being

> brainwashed. Uh-huh.

>

Is your head coming to a point?

> But do watch Donovan's Reef first. You'll love it!

>

> It can't be any worse than McLintock!. :P

Them's fightin' words! Remember, this is a dark alley---not the wide open prairie---so you

can get it in the back when you least expect it.

Your heart is certainly noir, that's for sure.

No, YOURS is.

That's obvious!

Is your head coming to a point?

I'm pointy, all right.

Them's fightin' words! Remember, this is a dark alley---not the wide open prairie---so

you can get it in the back when you least expect it.

Wherever I go, I see the same person. That must be happenstance.

Quiet Gal is probably on the verge of nervous noir breakdown.

I think "Donovan's Reef" even has an underlying fun to it knowing what Wayne and Marvin and Ford just finished filming - "Liberty Valance."

As far as "The Long Voyage Home" goes Wayne has a pretty small part and what he does say is with a Swedish accent. All in all though it is a fine film.

Quiet Gal is probably on the verge of nervous noir breakdown

You have no idea.

OH GREY GUY... forgive me.

I DID set my alarm... I DID get up and push the little button... and either I pushed the WRONG little button in my groggy sleep deprived state.... OR.. something is wrong w/ my VCR.

Because I got a FAT lotta nuttin' for my trouble. And what is WORSE is that I let that tape run all six hours (from 5 am till 11) thinking I was taping SEVERAL movies.... and I got NONE of them.

And I did not get to watch any of them in real time either... so I am a total NOIR WASH OUT. (I am pondscum. I am lower than low. I am.... well... you can take it from here.....)

NOW what are we going to do folks??? Because I missed all these movies... is he going to tell us he refuses to watch Donovan's Reef???????????? Oh... the tragedy is compounding by the moment here...

Did I mention I was pondscum??????????? :-(

Hi there, Pond Scum -- I DID set my alarm... I DID get up and push the little

button... and either I pushed the WRONG little button in my groggy sleep deprived

state.... OR.. something is wrong w/ my VCR.

Because I got a FAT lotta nuttin' for my trouble. And what is WORSE is that I let that

tape run all six hours (from 5 am till 11) thinking I was taping SEVERAL movies.... and

I got NONE of them.

I didn't think it possible, but you're actually making me look good. :)

And I did not get to watch any of them in real time either.

Ohhhh, my, my, my.

so I am a total NOIR WASH OUT. (I am pondscum. I am lower than low. I am.... well... you

can take it from here.....)

Well, at least you admit it. You could come on here and pretend to be genuine, looking to

fool others.

NOW what are we going to do folks??? Because I missed all these movies... is he

going to tell us he refuses to watch Donovan's Reef???????????? Oh... the tragedy

is compounding by the moment here.

Yes! My "get out of jail" free card! I'm sure it will be accepted at all Miss G

"establishments." :P

Did I mention I was pondscum???????????

:D All you have to do is watch a Gloria Grahame film and you'll be all right. And to think,

I've now seen 20 Ford flicks and 16 Duke pictures.

Hey, Movieman -- I think "Donovan's Reef" even has an underlying fun to it knowing

what Wayne and Marvin and Ford just finished filming - "Liberty Valance."

That's an interesting point. I've seen bits and pieces of it and I like what I saw of

Elizabeth Allen.

As far as "The Long Voyage Home" goes Wayne has a pretty small part and what he

does say is with a Swedish accent. All in all though it is a fine film.

A Swedish accent? Fantastic. :D

Hello O Great Grey Dude....

I didn't think it possible, but you're actually making me look good

Sad but true.... it was NOT my finest hour. But I DID tell you that trying to get me to watch those was a technophobic Night Owl's worst nightmare...ha. You just thought I was exaggerating ... Ha... NOT.

You could come on here and pretend to be genuine, looking to

fool others.

No way... my REAL life is hard enough to keep track of... I don't have enough time in the world to invent any fictional ones...

All you have to do is watch a Gloria Grahame film and you'll be all right.

YAY... I will break out my copy of It's a Wonderful Life. :P:P (you didn't say it had to be a Gloria film I had not SEEN already....) KIDDING... only kidding...ha.

And to think, I've now seen 20 Ford flicks and 16 Duke pictures

Yes... and you have the ROPE BURNS to prove it... we have had to FORCE you and drag you by your heels all the way... ha. Hopefully I will redeem myself SOMEHOW. (I am just not sure HOW yet)

I solemnly promise to find SOME sort of NOIR to watch SOON (and will HOPE that it is ONE that you have seen too) so we can still take our walk on the GREY side.

(Great.. now I have to go to the library.... again) :P

> {quote:title=movieman1957 wrote:}{quote}

> >Another one I didn't expect to see on the dark side.

>

> Some days I think I am the dark side. I can best describe myself as "fair."

You, dark? Trust me, you are "fair" to the point of blinding white next to Shiftless.

Mr. Movieman says: Nope. Isn't that usually reserved for the male of the species?

Ha... ok then, I am "Pondscum-ette" HA!

You just need a good rocking chair and a quiet day. Have one on me.

IF ONLY... thank you my friend.. it is a LOVELY thought. :-)

Hi, bobkart, welcome to the forums :)

Really, when it comes to film noir, I always think it's funny that it was the French critics who first coined the term, and that it's stuck for more than 50 years. I mean, personally, I think it is perfect. Of course, it's also somewhat of a loose term, because there are many films that have noirish elements but yet there's some disagreement as to whether they're true noirs or not.

• 2 months later...