Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For a man who acted so blase about his acting & being in the film business, he's one of the luckiest s.o.b.'s alive in terms of the leading ladies he got to work and kiss: Jean Simmons, Jane Greer, Deborah Kerr, Ava Gardner, Jane Russell, Marilyn, Loretta Young. Gosh!! Thanxx for the pictures.

>>>For a man who acted so blase about his acting & being in the film business, he's one of the luckiest s.o.b.'s alive in terms of the leading ladies he got to work and kiss: Jean Simmons, Jane Greer, Deborah Kerr, Ava Gardner, Jane Russell, Marilyn, Loretta Young. Gosh!! <<<

Hee! You said it. And not to forget Shirley McLaine, with whom he had an intense affair.

Miss Fallen Angel -- Fallen Angel The title of which has always made me ponder: Who is the angel that has fallen? Alice Faye? Linda Darnell? Dana Andrews?

Good question. Here's my opinion: Alice Faye is the one who would qualify as an "angel," but has she fallen? Yes. She's fallen for Dana Andrews. Uh-huh, angels can fall, especially in the wonderful world of film noir.

Frank---the shadow, I believe, is the monster's from Nosferatu.

That could be. I just couldn't make it out.

Windy City -- As a "completist", are you now going to try and collect the films of Jerry Hopper? Let me know how The Atomic City (Gene Barry and Milburn Stone(!)) and Pony Express (Charlton Heston, Rhonda Fleming, Forrest Tucker & Jan Sterling) are.

Hopper levels of completism? Ohhhhhh, one can dream, can't they?

Speaking of completism, you actually mentioned the stumbling block to my Anthony Mann completism when you first arrived on this board... his epics. I'm thinking I won't be going "all the way" with Mann. We will see.

Thanks for getting me hooked on George Raft, Snarfie. I'm glad some of you appreciate Neville Brand as much as I do. Ken and Frank, thanks for the condolences. It's been a tough two weeks watching them self destruct but hopefully they'll stop playing like knuckleheads and improve upon the 2 1/2 game lead in the division. Ulcers and high blood pressure, here we go!

172110.jpg

a113.jpg

Miss Fallen Angel -- Fallen Angel The title of which has always made me ponder: Who is the angel that has fallen? Alice Faye? Linda Darnell? Dana Andrews?

Good question. Here's my opinion: Alice Faye is the one who would qualify as an "angel," but has she fallen? Yes. She's fallen for Dana Andrews. Uh-huh, angels can fall, especially in the wonderful world of film noir.

Frank, don't fools rush in where angels fear to tread?? And don't we like to see nice virginal girls fall...fall...fall?

Frank, don't fools rush in where angels fear to tread?? And don't we like to see nice virginal girls fall...fall...fall?

Very nice, CineMaven. Yes, I must say, I like seeing good girls go bad sometimes, especially in film noir. Alice Faye actually managed to stay good in *Fallen Angel*. Linda Darnell, on the other hand, well...

>>>Frank Grimes - OH ! How I wish that I was on that beach with incomparable LINDA. See " John Ford's " The Long Voyage Home " ,for a similiar " hands on " with Carmen Morales getting " the hand ". <<<

Naughty Ken. Are you talking about the scene with Ward Bond, when the obliging senoritas[/] came on board to serve the men....food and liquor?