Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thanks for Voting in the TCM "Back to Basics" Programming Challenge!

sugarpuss

"You know if anyone cares, I'm much more like Sally..." - sugarpuss

Can't wait to see who volunteers to be your "Sweet Baboo".

". Kyle was the lucky moderator who lured me into this racket--and was bombarded by my many questioning PM's about said challenge. Lucky guy!"

Yes I cetainly was a lucky guy....and I still think so each day you and I interact with one another.

Kyle (the most evil man on these Boards?) In Hollywood

there one big difference between General Bradley and I - and that's the amount of hair on our heads! How about I just go to a country, stop a war and become General Sugarpuss?

I like it. I like it.

Sally had great philosophies in life. For instance - "What do I care?" "So what." Do you have something we should all live by?

"How about I just go to a country, stop a war and become General Sugarpuss? - sugarpuss

I like it. I like it. - movieman1957

And when Genreal 'sugarpuss' retires, she can move to Vermont, buy a run-down Inn, almost lose everything so that 'movieman1957' and I can come up there and put on a big show with 'lzcutter' and 'sandykaypax' and save the day.

"We'll follow the old 'puss' wherever she wants to go..."

Kyle In Hollywood

OK my fellow Challegers from Challenge #7, is it just a coincidence or are there some little gifts from our schedules littering the recently posted December Schedule?

If one looks at the non-themed hours of the December Schedule (No Osborne. No Mankiewicz. No Christmas titles. No Ford or Wellmann. No Birthday Salutes, etc.) and focuses only on the late night/daytime hours of various and varied films, you'll see titles that were used during the just completed Chalenge. And many of them are very "unique" titles. Or at least titles that haven't been seen much lately. Such as -

- Joe Smith, American (ChipHeartsMovies)

- All This And Heaven Too (Fedya's "neglected" Essential)

- Idiot's Delight (movieman1957)

- The Misfits (benwhowell's Huston tribute)

- House Of Numbers (my Double Vision theme)

But I can't find anything that jumps out at me from filmlover's schedule. I may have missed something as I was getting a bit ****-eyed from trying to scan all the Challenge Schedule titles and the actual schedule after awhile. (Of course, this current month has 'filmlover' written all over it so maybe he got his "gift" in September.)

I also noted some titles like Wife vs. Secretary, The Front Page, Baby Face, Black Fury along with the popular and commonly scheduled Foreign Correspodent, It Happened One Night, Sweet Bird Of Youth and Portrait Of Jennie. So this may all be a bit of projection on my part. But if not, it certainly is nice to think TCM dropped a little treat into our Christmas Stockings with the December Schedule.

Anyone else see an "odd" or unexpected title from your Challenge schedules included in the December line-up?

Kyle In Hollywood

> I see Kyle is trying to recruit some newbies...

"If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve." :-)

Sorry, Kyle, I'm honored, but must decline. I'm off to battle other windmills.

Pat

"Sorry, Kyle, I'm honored, but must decline. I'm off to battle other windmills."

OK, Don Quixote. I hope all is well and this isn't a reaction to my light hearted - but heavy handed pressure.

If you need a Sancho Panza on your Quest, know that I'm available.

Kyle In Hollywood

FrankGrimes wrote: You can take my programming slot. You and I share similar dark tastes. So I really don't see any problem in you... . Damn that garter gun of yours!

You can put your hands down, honey. The gun isn't loaded -- you seem to have cornered the market on bullets!

Frankly, Frank...I think you'd do a terrific job in the challenge. Think of all the "lazy legs" movies you could program.

Di

Ohhh, I see how you're playin' this, Dangerous Di. You're just like the rest... pushin' me to the window. "Why don't you jump," you whisper. I will not! Nor will I wear that gown to the dinner party! I mean, tux. By the way, what's in the boathouse?

I think happy Phillies fans should be the most eager to enter the Challenge arena. Know any?

You can put your hands down, honey. The gun isn't loaded

Do you think I'm gonna trust you, especially since you're sweet talkin' me? Well, come to think of it, I do have "sucker" written all over my face, and I usually fall apart under the pressure of sweet talk.

sugarpuss and Kyle -- Thanks for the encouraging words. Life is hectic, and I'm one of those people who hate to give less than their 'all' to a project. So, though it would be fun to participate, I just don't have the time now. I'll never say never, though.

Di

Sorry for my recent lapses in participating in this discussion, but work, crazy schedule, blah blah blah.

Just really want to chime in to everyone who is expressing concern about having the time to play, or don't know what they have to say, etc. --- just try it. When the next Challenge is announced, pick one part of it if you're unsure --- try programming one day, or one theme, just for yourself.

If you're enough of a classic movie fan that you're on this messageboard, you'll see how fun it is. And it's a favor to your fellow old movie fans if you decide to play --- you get to share things that you like (like the now legendary Ellis Island theme) with the rest of us!

(FrankGrimes, don't feel like anyone is actively WATCHING you...heeheehee).

Archived