Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OUR FAVORITE STARS IN PHOTOS!

• 1 month later...

> {quote:title=Nikkymo wrote:}{quote}

> MissG : this is one of my all-time favorite Hedy pics! I love the blue background and brown touches, it really makes it pop!

I thought it was so lovely, I like how soft she looks in it. Radiant.

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=Nikkymo wrote:}{quote}

> > MissG : this is one of my all-time favorite Hedy pics! I love the blue background and brown touches, it really makes it pop!

>

> I thought it was so lovely, I like how soft she looks in it. Radiant.

I so totally agree, you nailed it! She does look soft! Hedy is uber feminine and the embodiment of glamour!

> {quote:title=Nikkymo wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> > > {quote:title=Nikkymo wrote:}{quote}

> > > MissG : this is one of my all-time favorite Hedy pics! I love the blue background and brown touches, it really makes it pop!

> >

> > I thought it was so lovely, I like how soft she looks in it. Radiant.

>

>

> I so totally agree, you nailed it! She does look soft! Hedy is uber feminine and the embodiment of glamour!

It is a beautiful photo, absolutely; personally I think Hedy looked great even when she wasn't trying to be glamorous! B-)

I just went back to the first page of this thread and saw some photos of Ann Miller. Now I've always thought she was very pretty but to me she never looked better than in those first few photos. A little further down from her is a picture of John Gavin, one of the most handsome men to ever draw breath! Love the pics ForeverGarland!!

• 7 months later...

Martha Eggerth - Ross Postcards

MartaEggerth1.jpg

MartaEggerth2.jpg

MartaEggerth3.jpg

MartaEggerth4.jpg

Martha Eggerth - Biography

Date of Birth: 17 April 1912, Budapest, Austria-Hungary

From the day she was born Martha lived in a world of music. For sure her father was a banker

but he was also an amateur pianist. As for her mother, she was a housewife but also a very

talented opera singer who had given up her career for the joys of matrimony and motherhood.

It does not come as a surprise, under such circumstances, that the little girl's singing

capacities were soon discovered. At eight she was already on a scene singing an aria from

"The Barber of Seville". A critic attended the show and was impressed by her performance.

He introduced her to the director of the Magyar Theater, where she landed her first contract.

As of the age of 10 she was hailed as Hungary's "national idol". And it was not long before

her triumph became international. An operetta, "Pogasza", was written specially for the

crystal-clear-voiced little singer. Among others, she played the role of the doll in

"Tales of Hoffmann" and starred in "Violettes de Montmartre" by Kalman. With the advent

of sound films, she found herself very much in demand in the 1930s, bringing her beautiful

voice and looks to yet more delighted viewers. It is on the set of "Mein Herz ruft nach dir"

that she met Jan Kiepura, another successful opera and operetta singer. Although it was not

love at first sight, Jan and Martha gradually fell in love, married two years later, had two

sons and were separated only by death with the demise of Jan in 1966. In 1938, the couple

fled Austria after its annexation by Hitler and settled down in the South of France first

then in the USA. Martha made fewer movies but kept on singing. For instance she co-starred in

"The merry Widow" in Broadway for three years with Jan Kiepura. She became an American citizen

in the fifties and currently lives in Rye, new York.

• 3 weeks later...