Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ForeverGarland

OUR FAVORITE STARS IN PHOTOS!

As promised to FrankG, more Frances Farmer, and Rita photos, but before i do let's talk about Frances... Frances Farmer, was on the verge of being a huge star, the likes of Hepburn, an Davis , but life dealt her some pretty horrible blows, that just never seemed to stop...her story was made into a film years ago as you may recall Frances with the great Jessica Lange in the lead, and a dead ringer for Frances looks wise.The film is very moving,heartbreaking, and at times very hard to accept, but acted to perfection by Lange...Frances was truly a tortured soul, and if you read her story it will really move you.The book i read was called Will There Really Be A Morning?Frances Farmer had a life far worse than Monroe, Garland, Tierney, and even Harlow, but she like them ...should never ever be forgotten!Here is a small tribute in photos to the great Frances Farmer . FG

Message was edited by: ForeverGarland

Oh, how very moving, FG. It is so true; she should never be forgotten in the Hollywood firmement! She was and is a true superstar, no matter the few number of films she made, the maddness that drove her from her rightful place in Hollywood, or the administrative executive who plotted to destroy her.

I love Frances, and look forward to every movie she ever made. My personal favorites are Come And Get It, The Toast of New York, and her last film, Son of Fury, with Tyrone Power and Gene Tierney, how famous could you get??? She only made 14 films before they dragged her away to the asylum.

ForeverGarland -- Thank you for the backstory on Frances Farmer. I never heard of her before and hearing about her tragic story saddens me. Hers is a dignified beauty. The photos you posted are quite smashing. Yet again, you've provided an alluring mix. It helped me see her in many different lights. She certainly moves me. Thanks again.

Shelly Winters was a lucky girl to have so many handsome leading men. Here she is with one of my favorite actors, Richard Conte.

a3650.jpg

here are my favorites

greer garson

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

kim novak

grace kelly

ava gardener

ava gardener

Message was edited by: classicfilmbuff

CineMaven, Thought you might like this post...:) ...all Lizabeth Scott! FG

Finally...FINALLY I got over to the site Garland. The pictures of Scott are great. Her eyes are very mesmerizing...they bore holes into you. Sweet, sultry, inviting. Thank you so much for posting those shots. She had her place in Hollywood history and I hope she won't be forgotten. Thanxx!!

Thanks MissG, & Metsfan..glad you liked the Jeff Chandler & John Gavin pics..they are two of my favorite actors, and really hard to find decent photos of, but i am still hunting for more! FG

FG---Another actor I have a hard time finding good pix of is Rod Taylor. There seem to be very few quality, larger sized images available. :(

MissG, I agree with you on it being so hard to get nice sized photos of Rod Taylor, as well as Jeff Chandler..i know that Jeff Chandler's estate is handeled very closely , so not much is ever released any more..too bad, and Rod Taylor is very much involved with his own site as far as photos, and i think they sell them with an autograph, but i think they are a bit too pricey...Both Rod & Jeff, as well as John Gavin are easily in my top 5 Favorite actors for sure.

Here's a bit more of the great Mr. Taylor. FG

Okay...I'll go out on a limb here: Jeff Chandler is one hunk o' man. I love his steel grey hair and intense look. I dare say they don't make men like THAT anymore.

Hubba! Hubba!!