Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsclassic

Picking your own movies to watch on Halloween

Bronxgirl, "The Other" is a disturbing "horror" movie from Robert Mulligan. I remember seeing it as a child and it terrified me! Great performances-especially Uta Hagen.

Another recent movie that I would say fits into the "horror" category is "Beloved." With Oprah Winfrey. She plays a "former slave" right after the Civil War who's life is over come with "ghosts." She gives a powerful performance in a powerful (over-looked) film.

Uta Hagen is excellent as Ada in THE OTHER.

I have to admit I'm not really an Oprah Winfrey fan, but if BELOVED comes on television, I'll check it out.

Hi, Masteress (making words out of nothing at all) -- Ah, that's Vera walking down that grim French school hallway; who knows what she'll find in the bathroom.....

I wonder. The finale to Diabolique is "classic horror" to me. Love the sneaking around in the dark looking for who knows what.

I did take about 300 showers yesterday morning, so I won't have to go in that room for a while. I can always brush my teeth in the kitchen sink, and when nature calls, use our clubhouse public john.

So that's where the pleasant smell is coming from. I knew it wasn't me.

Come closer, Frank....closer....closer.....now -- get that dish rag out!

The work of a BronxGirl slave is never done. Yes, my lady master. Your wish is my command.

How do you a post a link?

Place your mouse pointer in the "Address Line" and click the left button. This will highlight the address. Then hold down the "CTRL" button and hit the "Insert" button or the letter "C". This will copy (store) the info into a temporary cache in your browser. To post the link on the site, just go to the writing window (for posts), place your mouse pointer in the body of the window and click the left button. Then, hold down the "Shift" button and hit the "Insert" button or the letter "V". This will paste the link in the window.

Hi, Rusty -- I enjoyed reading your "folk art horror story." It seems like horror threads always bring out the most unique personalities. Lurking can be a delight.

Fiddlesticks Bronxgirl...after my one failed attempt at creating a bold font, I decided to compose my messages Melville-style...that's Jean-Pierre Melville-style.

More potty mouth. Mrs. Scratch (BronxGirl) is a bad, bad influence around here.

To bold text on this board you do the following:

[c]This text will appear in boldface.[/c]

I used the letter "c" in the above example, but you need to use the letter "b" to turn your gold to bold, like this:

This text will appear in boldface.

bold = b

underline = u

italicize = i

If you want to go fancy and play with bullets, you just need to start a line with an asterisk and follow it with a space. Then type your text. Voil?!

* Don't share your bullets with Dianabat, she's got plenty already... and she knows how to use 'em.

Fearless Frank wrote: Don't share your bullets with Dianabat, she's got plenty already... and she knows how to use 'em.

* BANG

* BANG

I'll be damned...it works.

Di

I don't understand any of what you said to post a link. I'm getting frustrated and angry at myself for not getting it. I can't just print the URL that's in the little box next to the video? I don't understand. What address line? What left button? I know everyone's laughing at me....sob...I'm completely at sea here.

Let me regain my composure.....

CONSARNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

My "Consarnit!" disappeared. Just as well, I'm demoralized by not being able to post these links that I want to share.....

And Larry King babbling in the background on Spitney Beers is making me nuts; I have to go shut it off. There, there now....(Florio....get it? get it?)

BronxGirl -- Ahhh, a BG slave's work is never done. You'd think you'd have a better idea how to use my hands instead of those dishes and typing messages. I guess the saying is true about those "idle hands."

Well, your now gonna get a PM from me, Bronxie. I hope you can handle the pain. I wear less clothes in the PM area of the board. You've been warned.

There, there now

What, did Marnie just put her horse down?

Marnie not only put down Florio, she turned off The Larry King Show.

Whoa....there's a speed limit in this state.....

What hath I unintentionally wrought? I better go back to doing my own dishes! Arise, you are now an ex-slave. Your name is not Spartacus anymore....

"If you want to go fancy and play with bullets, you just need to start a line with an asterisk and follow it with a space. Then type your text." - FrankGrimes

Well, another method to create bullet points. And here I thought my "hyphen/dash" method was pretty cool.

I am beginning to think that there are hidden keystroke/style-point shortcuts at work in these Forums that none of us know about and may explain odd posting incidents. Someone in the recent past unintentionally had a a line drawn through a few words of their post when it was posted. (Gosh, do I want to know how to do that!)

There may be something in the use of spaces or other keystrokes that "erases" lines of text. I think I had that happen to me once also. I do know I received a PM that was missing the entire body of a message when it was displayed in my "inbox". But when I hit "reply" and the original message was included in the compostion window, I could see and read the body of the message that was missing when it was diplayed just as a PM. Very Odd.

So, to BronxGirl, when you were creating your "list" of Halloween Films, how were you "composing" the list? I am beginning to believe that how you composed the list and the keystrokes you took to display the list caused the lines of text to disappear. Because if a hyphen/dash can do -

- this -

-- and then this

...then all sorts of strange things can happen. (How appropriate that a Halloween Thread should have all these eerie happenings that we can't explain!)

Kyle (is this thread haunted?) In Hollywood

Hi, BronxGirl -- This blind teacher actually made an instructive mistake in my "posting a link" instrux. I said to paste on the board is to hold down the "CTRL" button and hit either "Shift" or "V." Actually, you need to hold down the "Shift" button and hit either "insert" or "V."

CTRL+INSERT or C is to copy

SHIFT+INSERT or V is to paste

Whoa....there's a speed limit in this state.....

What hath I unintentionally wrought? I better go back to doing my own dishes! Arise, you are now an ex-slave. Your name is not Spartacus anymore....

I'm sorry about me being "too friendly", BG. I mean no harm, but I most definitely apologize.

Everything's o.k. I actually did it correctly.

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FRANK!!!!!

OKAY EVERYBODY, CLICK ON IT AND PREPARE FOR HORROR!!!!!

OKAY EVERYBODY, CLICK THIS LINK AND PREPARE FOR HORROR AS YOU'VE

NEVER SEEN BEFORE!!!!!

It looks like you almost got it, Bronxie. You just have a "link run-on" going on. I like your sticktuitiveness. Hey, maybe I can behave after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvCjldvErpo

Kyle -- Well, another method to create bullet points. And here I thought my "hyphen/dash" method was pretty cool.

In another forum, Miss G asked me "how I made bullets" and I thought to myself, "I don't know?" How's that for honesty? I ended up figuring out that asterisks were the secret. The more asterisks in a row, the wilder it gets.

* Weird (One asterisk)

** Weird (Two asterisks)

*** Weird (Three asterisks)

After I explained my "secret", I read that you had discovered the secret way before I had and you had done so differently. I figured you had it all down.

Someone in the recent past unintentionally had a a line drawn through a few words of their post when it was posted. (Gosh, do I want to know how to do that!)

I've done this myself. It usually occurs thanks to a code typo, but I haven't figured out exactly how. If you reverse the slash in the final code bracket, you'll get some screwiness like this: [u/]

I do know I received a PM that was missing the entire body of a message when it was displayed in my "inbox". But when I hit "reply" and the original message was included in the compostion window, I could see and read the body of the message that was missing when it was diplayed just as a PM. Very Odd.

This has also happened to me on more than one occasion. I was about to reply to the person who sent me the PM with, "I didn't get any of the message." But the second I opened up the reply window, magically, there was the message. Yes, strange doings indeed. I still prefer all this wackiness to the inaccessibility of the post/edit window. Ugh. That was a horrible experience. I cannot believe how many people actually posted photos and the like during that time.

As you see, thanks to your help, I got it!!

Now everyone can experience the horror of CELEBRITY!!!

WOOHOO! Okay, so am I back in your good graces? No more bad stuff, just me doing the dishes and following you around, enjoying your wonderful posts. Only during my free time will I look to have a little naughtiness. Hey, I'm a single guy, for goodness sake. How about I leave the naughtiness to say... Myrna Loy.

fumanchu2.jpg

I'm gonna watch your link in its entirety now. I must say, I really liked how the scene ends but I don't know the set-up. I usually like Woody Allen's relationship films. I've got hopeless romantic plastered all over my forehead.

Now I understand why you say the "horror" of Celebrity. Branagh playing Woody Allen is quite horrific. Sadly, I kinda liked it. Maybe that's even a bigger horror.

Ah, Myrna as Fah-Lo-See in THE MASK OF FU MANCHU -- "Genghis Khan comes back!"

And to think only about two years later she'd be the "perfect wife" pretty much from then on.

Yes, you're forgiven...hey! I've got a girl for you! Harvey Lembeck in STALAG 17! "Betty! Betty!"

I would like to have been a fly on the wall during discussions between Woody Allen and Kenneth Branaugh for CELEBRITY. Did Woody actually say to him, "Be me, because I'm getting older and can't pull off Winona Ryder thinking me attractive", or, did Branaugh bring it up, as some kind of insanely conceived "stylization"?

The mind boggles.

Ah, so you saw it.....

It actually occurred to me that Allen was semi-delusional when he made this, overcome by even a greater degree of narcissism that he normally displays on screen and apparently in real life as well. (bizarrely alternating with self-deprecation)