• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Focus on Fritz Lang

MissGoddess

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

*"I thought I'd dust this off to remind everyone the extremely rare "Secret Beyond the Door" is airing September 20, at 6 p.m. EST..."* - MissGoddess

You mean the showing of *Secret Beyond The Door* is for EVERYONE and not just for FrankGrimes? Does he know this?

Kyle In Hollywood

You mean the showing of Secret Beyond The Door is for EVERYONE and not just for FrankGrimes? Does he know this?

:D You got a laugh out of me!

I thought it was a private screening. :P

Now I have to come up with some new films to beg for.

I only need two Lang flicks:

American Guerrilla in the Philippines (FOX) and You and Me (Paramount).

*I thought I'd dust this off to remind everyone the extremely rare*

*Secret Beyond the Door is airing September 20, at 6 p.m. EST*

Everyone in the Central PA area stay off Rte 422 between 5:30 and 6:00 that night. I'll be driving like a bat out of hell to get home in time to DVDR it.

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> Who could you possibly be referring to then?!

>

I wonder.

> I need to watch some Lang before Secret Beyond the Door.

What movie was that screencap with the horrible tarantula menacing that poor girl from?

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to reading comments on Lang's "SECRET BEYOND THE DOOR." I had a real Mercury in retrograde moment when I rewound the tape in my vcr, had my snacks at the rea-

dy and found the videotape jammed up in my vcr. Why am I using a vcr in this day and age...

Don't ask.

:-( < ( Sigh! ) > :-(

Ugh.

Some interesting camera work, Joan looked great, never a big fan of Michael Redgrave, he left me cold. The film also left me cold, a mish mash, awful dialogue, a poor mans "Rebecca"Joan Bennett referred to it as "An unqualified disaster" and Lang though it was "A poor film". I think this ended Lang's and Bennetts and her husband Walter Wanger's working relationship.....

"Some interesting camera work, Joan looked great, never a big fan of Michael Redgrave, he left me cold. The film also left me cold, a mish mash, awful dialogue, a poor mans 'Rebecca' Joan Bennett referred to it as 'An unqualified disaster' and Lang though it was 'A poor film'.

I think this ended Lang's and Bennetts and her husband Walter Wanger's working relation-ship....."

Wow-weeee.

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> Looking forward to reading comments on Lang's "SECRET BEYOND THE DOOR." I had a real Mercury in retrograde moment when I rewound the tape in my vcr, had my snacks at the rea-

> dy and found the videotape jammed up in my vcr. Why am I using a vcr in this day and age...

>

> Don't ask.

>

Sorry to hear that happened!

Hey, I still use a VCR. But problems still could happen with any of the newest contraptions, so don't necessarily blame the tape or the machine. In my case I blame an absent mind...I'd been looking forward to that movie for the three months since the September schedule was announced, but then got occupied doing something else and forgot to set the recorder, so missed the first half hour or so. But knowing it's a rare one, I had previously alerted some friends not to miss it, and they got it recorded (on DVD, not video).

If nobody else has offered, I can easily have a copy made for you, and would be glad to do it.

> {quote:title=fredbaetz wrote:}{quote}

> Some interesting camera work, Joan looked great, never a big fan of Michael Redgrave, he left me cold. The film also left me cold, a mish mash, awful dialogue, a poor mans "Rebecca"Joan Bennett referred to it as "An unqualified disaster" and Lang though it was "A poor film". I think this ended Lang's and Bennetts and her husband Walter Wanger's working relationship.....

I recorded it but didn't really watch, though it was playing in the background and I saw some parts.

Michael Redgrave could be the factor that will keep it from being a real hit for me, as I have never

warmed to him in leading roles. I am not surprised by your assessment of him. I was listening

to the dialogue and it did sound very "talky", a lot of voice-over narration by Joan. She certainly

looked stunning, though, as did the print. Maybe I can watch it tonight if I don't get caught up in

Viv.

I did record it four minutes late, though, so I missed the very beginning.