Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for the title of a 1940's movie

All I can remember is that the movie is about a women who falls in love with and has an affair with a married man. She ends up having a baby and gives the baby to the man and his wife to raise. There is one scene I remember where the women is sitting a park and the man comes to see her and I think she either sees the baby or asks about the baby. He eventually becomes this big political guy and the end of the movie, he is in a bedroom, possibly in a hotel room, where he is surrounded by all these important people and he is dying and they eventually allow the women to see him before he dies. That is all I remember except that I think the women might have been Barbara Stanwyck but I am not sure about that. I think the movie was made in the late 30's or 1940's.. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks so much--

Patricia in Chicago

If it was Barbara Stanwyck you have a fair choice of films with a somewhat similar plot. Beside Always Good-Bye, there is also Stella Dallas, So Big and Forbidden.

I would suggest that Frank Capra's "Forbidden" (starring Barbara Stanwyck, Adolphe Menjou, and Ralph Bellamy) is closest to your description, but it is from 1932, not the 1940s'

Sorry.