Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just For Jane

The movie "All That Heaven Allows" 1955 has a very lonely Christmas scene. Jane Wyman`s two selfish children return home from college for the holidays. They do not approve of their widowed mothers relationship with the younger Rock Hudson. To ease her lonliness, they present her with a brand new TV wrapped in a red bow. Jane`s reflection in the TV screen tells us her reaction to the gift.

• 8 months later...

Today is the one year anniversary of the passing of one of my favorite actresses, Jane Wyman. Today I watched a few clips on You Tube of Jane singing two songs from "Night And Day". She had a nice singing voice which we were able to hear in "Here Come`s The Groom" and "Just For You". Every year I keep hoping that "The Blue Veil" will be shown or the TV series Falcon Crest will be released on dvd. A new biography of Jane`s second husband Ronald Reagan has just been released. It deals with Mr. Reagan`s Hollywood career, and I have read a review. Jane is not always shown as a perfect wife, but she was always more career driven. When Jane died, her son Michael said that he learned his sense of values from his mother.