Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

-curse of the cat people--

thistledown

Miss Irena -- I also thought a clue to Alice's nature when after one of their cosy "chats", she told Ollie "I'm the new kind of 'other woman'". Right...as if that weren't one of the oldest tricks in the book.

You got a laugh out of me with that one.

Burrrr. A cat just walked over my grave.

I was meeting a potential roommate in Chicago the other day whose two cats had the run of her apartment. I'm an animal lover and normally love cats, but these two (Minnie and Milo) ate my ice cream (from my bowl), got into the shower with me (I stayed overnight) got into my room despite the fact I closed the door (how they did it I don't know) and slept on my chest all night, so when I woke up the next morning four sets of beautiful eyes were looking up at me lazily. As I made myself breakfast, the Halloween looking black kittie with the startling green-blue eyes gave me the most demonic look as it pounced on my ham and eggs.

I didn't take the apartment.

Where in the World is Bronx Girl? -- Can I just follow you around? I was wondering where you got to. I thought you were filling in at Mel's Diner, telling the customers to, "kiss your grits." How many "pats" did you get?

I think you proved your "animal lover" status with the patience you exhibited.

Miss Irena -- That pool scene has one fundamental flaw: cats don't like water.

Are you sure about that? BronxGirl is sharing showers with kitties and Thistledown mentioned this scene earlier:

Did any- one notice a scene from Cat People that got by the censors? It showed

Simone Simon taking a bath and it showed her nude back, which was on the censor's list of no-no's. No backs or inner thighs!

So do you like the "ducky little angel" that I got for you?

Hi, Frank. To paraphrase Liz in SUDDENLY, LAST SUMMER, Miss Bronxgirl is here; she's right here.

I think the Duke made a guest appearance at Mel's Diner, and ordered true grits.

That little black Halloween kittie jumped into the shower immediately after I got in it, but quickly jumped out after I turned on the faucet. But as the woman explained, "they'll follow you everywhere". Awww, such needy little furballs....This poor excuse for a roommate had the habit of shutting off lights all over her apartment so I nearly stepped on Minnie. (or was it Milo? Couldn't really tell in the dark) Bad human! Bad human! (the pets are never the problem; always the owner)

My favorite movie feline is Pyewacket in BELL, BOOK, AND CANDLE. Gorgeous Siamese.

And they don't shed!

What's the "ducky little angel"? Didn't know if it was me or Miss Irena you were addressing that to.

Gotta run -- the Headless Horseman is coming after me.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Frank: It's true, there is one [genus felis] that *does* like water, the Tiger. If anyone thinks to escape a tigress by jumping into a pool, one will soon find they are sadly mistaken. So, no rowing in boats on lakes, no swimming in pools with tigers if you want to stay healthy. BTW, Kittens don't count, come now, they can't hurt you. ;)

And I'm curious about the "duckie", too. I only like mine, *a l'orange* .

BronxGirl -- I hope the Headless Horseman didn't get you, my friend, my friend. Do you want me to catch that butterfly for you?

Miss Kitty -- Frank: It's true, there is one genus felis that does like water, the Tiger. If anyone thinks to escape a tigress by jumping into a pool, one will soon find they are sadly mistaken. So, no rowing in boats on lakes, no swimming in pools with tigers if you want to stay healthy. BTW, Kittens don't count, come now, they can't hurt you.

I guess I better avoid water altogether. Well, I suppose I better take a bath once in awhile. BronxGirl told me that the best baths are the ones found in diabolical French films.

By the way, the cat never got in the pool in *Cat People*. So when you find yourself in the same situation, you'll know that the safest place to be is actually in the pool. But why is it that I sense a strong attachment to Irena with you? Could it be you who is doing the scaring at the pool? Kittens become cats... cats with claws, perhaps?

And I'm curious about the "duckie", too. I only like mine, a l'orange.

When Ollie goes to the pet store to exchange the kitten for a birdy, the pet store owner calls the bird Ollie has selected, "ducky little angel." Irena smiles (licks her chops) at the choice through the window. I think she was thinking to herself, "I only like mine, a l'orange." Why, Miss Irena, you look as if you've swallowed a canary.

Yes, please try to catch it, although they're usually free. (get it? get it? Ah, nuts...)

Ah, yes, the pet shop owner. She seemed like she could have been lifted from a Hitchcock film.

Landy dearie me!

To all who haven't seen DIABOLIQUE -- take all your baths in advance for a couple of months.

Ah, yes, the pet shop owner. She seemed like she could have been lifted from a Hitchcock film.

Landy dearie me!

On the nosey! You always say just the right thing, BronxGirl. By the way, I'm glad you didn't "lose your head."

To all who haven't seen DIABOLIQUE -- take all your baths in advance for a couple of months.

Good advice. I've decided not to swim in the indoor pool since I heard about the terrible cat problems, so I'm thinking about taking a dip in the French boarding school pool instead. You wanna come along?

By the way, the cat never got in the pool in Cat People. So when you find yourself in the same situation, you'll know that the safest place to be is actually in the pool. But why is it that I sense a strong attachment to Irena with you? Could it be you who is doing the scaring at the pool? Kittens become cats... cats with claws, perhaps?

And I'm curious about the "duckie", too. I only like mine, a l'orange.

When Ollie goes to the pet store to exchange the kitten for a birdy, the pet store owner calls the bird Ollie has selected, "ducky little angel." Irena smiles (licks her chops) at the choice through the window. I think she was thinking to herself, "I only like mine, a l'orange." Why, Miss Irena, you look as if you've swallowed a canary. <<<

Ha ha ha!! Touche, Franklin.

Now be fair, Irena deserved a chance to get back at Alice and all she did was say a few friendly words and the silly woman got all upset. My, my, such a lot of fuss about nothing.

You know, I always kept my sympathies loyally on Sylvester's side whenever that annoying Tweetie Bird was on the scene.

And to be fair, Irena looked so very sad when she saw her little pet expire with fright. Of course, she showed she understood the concept of recycling long before it became fashionable when she tossed it to her friend at the zoo. Nothing was wasted.

By the way, wasn't that cat the most beautiful creature? Is there anything in the animal kingdom half so entrancing as the black panther? I hate that they were sometimes depicted as representing evil. I've always been fascinated by them, they're my favorite animal. You can tell alot about a person by what their favorite animal is.

YOU named one of my Most favorite CAT movies, BELL, BOOK AND CANDLE with James Stewart & Kim Novak - I too loved that Pyewacket reminded me alot of my Fat, Black Persian Cat - FATBOY - such Mischievous creatures these feline animals can be! - Here's another movie just ripe for Halloween - now all we need is a full Moon!

ZD

Oh, yes, BB&C is just perfect for Halloween.

Glad to hear you have nice memories of your sweet cat.

I always remember in Erica Jong's (remember her, Boomers?) book FEAR OF FLYING -- something about how people always think kitties look like they're pondering deep thoughts when they're sitting around looking so beautifully Zen-like and wise, but then her ex-husband bursts that bubble by saying that in reality the furry ones are thinking more mundane things, like "I've got to go to the bathroom now." (well, I cleaned it up a bit...)

But I actually prefer to believe they ARE thinking deep thoughts -- and possibly nefarious ones at that!

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

All this " CAT" talk has me thinking of one of my favorite STAR TREK Episodes - " ASSIGNMENT EARTH " from 1968 which starred Robert Lansing as Gary Seven and his wonderful CAT - ISIS - who I believe in human form was played by Barbara Babcock and of course the adorable Teri Garr who as Roberta Lincoln became Gary Seven's Girl - of sorts - Loved the use of his CAT in this episode plus it dealt with Time Travel so all in all just one of my favorite Star Trek episodes.

Meow ~~

ZD