Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

-curse of the cat people--

thistledown

Miss Kit-Kat -- By the way, wasn't that cat the most beautiful creature? Is there anything in the animal kingdom half so entrancing as the black panther? I hate that they were sometimes depicted as representing evil. I've always been fascinated by them, they're my favorite animal. You can tell alot about a person by what their favorite animal is.

Now how did we end up here? One minute you're a kitten and the next you are a black panther? My you grew up fast. So are you trying to scare Clo Clo? I better not go for any groceries.

Now be fair, Irena deserved a chance to get back at Alice and all she did was say a few friendly words and the silly woman got all upset. My, my, such a lot of fuss about nothing.

I'm starting to wonder if your "friend" the femme fatale is actually you, Irena.

You know, I always kept my sympathies loyally on Sylvester's side whenever that annoying Tweetie Bird was on the scene.

I'm starting to see a pattern develop. Don't tell me you wanted Tom to catch Jerry, too?

My Friend? My Friend! -- I'll pass on that creepy boarding school pool dip -- but, you're in luck! Another Simone can join you.

Yet another perfectly-timed quip. Two Simones. I think I'm goin' for the one who comes from the "other side of the mountain."

And if you use another "consarnit" on this board, missy, I'm gonna wash your mouth out with soap. Don't act like you didn't say it.

MEOW--does anyone remember the episode of Bewitched where Gladys Kravitz hears

a cat lapping at the saucer of milk she put outside--when she looks out the window it's a

girl in an evening gown--crouched on the ground lapping the milk! ABNER

Naturally! It's one of my favorite episodes! It was purrrrrrrrrrrrrfectly cast, too, with that actress with the almond-shaped eyes.

I haven't seen that STAR TREK episode. I actually missed quite a few of them in my "yout". (if Joe Pesci as Vinnie was writing this post)

I just heard some tropical storm brewings in my neck of the woods on the news. Oh, no, not again.

I hope it won't develop into a cat-egory 5 hurricane.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

So are you still with us, Bronxie? My part of the Keystone State is experiencing thunderstorms this evening.

Okay, some of the gourmet cocoa-based soap might taste delicious

Ohh, no, no, no, no. Your getting plain ol' soap, young lady.

Irena: That's Lalage...the perfume I use. I like it, perhaps too well. Maybe I use too much of it, living alone like this.

Oliver: It's hard to describe. It's not like flowers exactly. It's - it's like something warm and living.

You llve in the Keystone state?

Is that where all the Kops come from?

That's where pumpkin-faced motormouth CNBC talk show host Chris Matthews was born and raised. But also -- Gene Kelly!

They can send a man to the moon, why can't they make a cholesterol free Philly cheese steak?

You llve in the Keystone state?

Is that where all the Kops live?

No. It's a state where guys who are afraid of cats hide. I'm hanging with Ollie right now. He just won't shut up about his model ships. Won't you save me?

By the way, if you are wondering why I can get a little saucy around here, BG, blame it on Three Mile Island. Welcome to Pennsylvania... and my childhood. My imaginary friends are toxic.

I noticed you posted another link on the site today. You're rollin', girl!

Try to imagine my squeals of delight as that Bela Lugosi SCARED TO DEATH link beautifully manifested itself -- thanks to you!!! (Fred C. Dobbs put that link up for me first, but I couldn't believe I actually did it on my own later. Thanks to you on that, Fred!)

Well if you follow me over the mountain you will be saved. That brings to mind an interview with Theodore Bikel (I'm digressing you will note) I saw where he said that the Gabor sisters would constantly exaggerate their transplantation to America by constantly sobbing, "We came OVER THE MOUNTAIN to get to this great country", and Bikel would tell Eva and Zsa Zsa, "No, you didn't come over the mountain, you came with jewels and money and you didn't suffer..." but he said they insisted they "came over the mountain". (and then he imitated Zsa Zsa saying it!)

Were you hanging out with any of the Japanese monsters when you were a kid?

Mrs. Scratch (from over the mountain) -- Try to imagine my squeals of delight as that Bela Lugosi SCARED TO DEATH link beautifully manifested itself -- thanks to you!!!

Imagine them? I heard and felt them. Glad to be of service, my horror master.

(I'm digressing you will note)

I think this is the first time I've ever seen you digress. Am I correct about that? By the way, how did you know that I was taking notes? It's must if I'm to keep up with you.

Were you hanging out with any of the Japanese monsters when you were a kid?

More like British monsters...

nightdemon1.jpg

Geez, that demon gave me a turn -- that is a very scary photo; it will "rune" my sleep. (I got a million of 'em...)

I digress a lot.

But a Tums or two clears it right up.

Were you really living near Three Mile Island? How horrible for you.....

I know it's not a subject to make "light" of, but....

do you glow in the dark?

(I got a million of 'em...)

I've got a million notepads.

I digress a lot.

The 23rd reason for "Why I Like BronxGirl."

Were you really living near Three Mile Island? How horrible for you.....

Uh-huh. T.M.I. is where I be. Well, I don't literally live there or my name would be Scottimodo. The accident happened when I was 7-years-old. We ended up "taking cover" in Allentown (yes, Billy Joel), where my aunt and uncle lived at the time. I remember that my cousin had to go to school but I didn't. I thought that was cool. That pretty much tells you how seriously I took the situation back then.

do you glow in the dark?

Think unsexy thoughts. Think unsexy thoughts. Think unsexy thoughts.

curse1.jpg

NO! That's not helping!

curse2.jpg

That did the trick.

No, "glowing in the dark" is a super power that I don't have. Maybe some day.

What are the other 22?

Geez, that Julia Dean photo gave me a turn like the demon did. I can almost hear the Headless Horseman come clomping my way.

There's actually a connection between Three Mile Island and my "chocolate covered cherries" quote. Teri Garr says it to Dustin Hoffman in TOOTSIE. Bill Murray is Dustin's roommate, and he's writing a play based on the accident.

Upload more Doberman!!

What are the other 22?

Have I just been put on the spot? I have that list laying around here somewhere. Once I find it, I'll share it with you. Do you believe me?

There's actually a connection between Three Mile Island and my "chocolate covered cherries" quote. Teri Garr says it to Dustin Hoffman in TOOTSIE. Bill Murray is Dustin's roommate, and he's writing a play based on the accident.

I love cross-postination. That's reason #22. Yes, I know what the score is.

Upload more Doberman!!

The Bilko DVDs don't like to sit still, but here's another Doberman for ya:

bilko2.jpg

BronxGirl in The Curse of the Cat People

curse3.jpg

One of my favorites: Clo-Clo (Margo) in The Leopard Man

leopard2.jpg

How'd that cat get loose? At least she looks friendly.

leopard1.jpg

I think I'm in love with Maurice Gosfield. Too bad there's not a lot of info on him...

That show was a great American comedy -- with that "bomber-crew" ethnic cross-section of guys (and I also loved CAR 54, WHERE ARE YOU? -- "There's a holdup in the Bronx, Brooklyn's broken out in fights, there's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights, there's a scout troop short of child, Krushchev's due at Idlewild....")

I'll believe anything you tell me!

That LEOPARD MAN photo of the poor girl in the cemetary is really chilling.

Edward Albert looked exactly like his ma.

I'm going down the stairs now and live it up!

Mimi

I think what you are calling the cemetary is actually the culvert scene.

The girl is in a dry wash under a railroad track.

The film takes place in the Southwest US, and I live in the

Southwest US. Regarding this movie, that's about like living

on Skull Island before Kong left it, because we do have big cats

out here that occasionally attack people. Sometimes they

kill people. Going outdoors at night in a rural cat area is

verrrry spooky out here, especially if I've seen any of the cat

movies recently. A "dry wash" is basically a dry creek-like

path that fills up rapidly with water whenever it rains out here,

which is only a few times a year. Most of the year the "wash"

is dry and can be used as a footpath.

ALERT**********ALERT**********ALERT***********ALERT***********ALERT**********ALERT************

CAT PEOPLE IS ON TODAY AND THIS MIGHT BE THE DAY THEY SHOW THE ANN CARTER

IMTERVIEW-----DON'T MISS THIS ONE KIDS-

CHECK OUT YOU TCM SCHEDULE !!!!!!!!!!

ALERTALERTALERTALERTALERTALERTALERTALERTALERTALERTALERTALERTALERTALER