Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
talkietime

HOW TO SEE MISSING POSTS IN A THREAD

Placing new posts or editing visible posts allows one to see other posts in a thread even for a little while; and then they may be gone again.

Post or Edit again. Post or Edit again. Did I say Post or Edit again?

You may watch threads you are interested in. That way you may read the missing posts in your e-mail. You need not visit the Message Board at all!.

When clicking "respond to this post" in the e-mail and all you get is a "page can not be displayed," you will know that this is a missing post that others may not see apart from reading it in an e-mail.

Message was edited by: talkietime

Here it is an hour or so after I edited the first version of my first post to this thread and that post is gone!

What is visible is the original version of my first post. But where did the edited version go?

This Message Board is truly part of The Twilight Zone!

Message was edited by: talkietime

Hi, talkietime. Posting, so you can post. I feel (a very little!) like a Norwegian resistance fighter. Please get Churchill on the radio, if you can.

Cascabel,

Thank you for posting here. Your post seems to have wounded the dragon holding my first edited posting hostage. The dragon lost its grip on that post and now it's back from The Twilight Zone!

And the original that was here (a while ago) was then taken hostage by the dragon.

High Drama, indeed!

talkietime----Just before I hit REPLY I saw your original (2:20 pm) post (8 paragraphs plus PS plus EDIT notice), then your second (4:23 pm) post (3 paragraphs), then my 4:43 pm post, and finally your 6:27 pm post ending in "High Drama, indeed!" However, the thread lists your last post as being at 6:54 pm.

I have yet to discern a pattern to the disappearances, hope this post doesn't dislodge one or more of yours. My apologies, if that happens. It now feels like an electrical storm. Maybe we should all seek shelter until it's over. Good luck, sir.

Cascabel,

The time variation you see in the thread list is from the most recent editing of one of my earlier posts. When a post is edited the post itself retains the time-stamp of the original post but the thread list will show the time of the most recent edit in the thread.

The most confusing part of this occurs when the most recent post is from one poster and some other poster may edit an earlier post in the thread. The thread list will show the most recent poster's name but will show the time of the most recent edit.

The "message was edited by . . ." notice may be omitted from edits by unchecking the box just above the notice. This last paragraph has been added in an edit of this post but the edit notice box has been unchecked.

I have just edited out some of my ranting in earlier posts.

I have also noticed that posts can go missing. I posted something this morning in the Gary Cooper fans thread and now it's gone. I have not tried to edit it or anything. It was there and now it's gone. This is really becoming annoying. I love this message board but it's turned into a nightmare to use.

Beware of the Phantom Posts. This has happened many times to me, too. There must be a real Twilight Zone where they disappear, to be enjoyed by who knows who, only to reappear.

You will find a box filled with missing posts under the Lamp Post that is Flickering.... next to Fred C. Dobbs house on Maple Street!

He must be "One" of "Them!"

Bartlett

>Beware of the Phantom Posts.

Not as scary as the Phantom Ghosts but thanks for the warning.

>...they disappear,... only to reappear.

Thanks, now I'll have to sleep with the light on tonight.

I am thoroughly creeped out by all this! : )

>...it's turned into a nightmare...

I think I'll have to sleep with the light on all week now!

Nightmares are even more frightening than insomnia. : )