Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Paramount's Hollywood Screen Legends DVD

has any bought or seen Paramount's Hollywood Screen Legends (A Place in the Sun / Roman Holiday / To Catch a Thief)? I'm considering getting this, but not sure how the prints compare to the single DVDs, particularly To Catch a Thief, which was later released as a re-mastered collector's edition this year. Roman holiday has since been re-released in a box set as well, but for all I know these could just be the same DVDs that were originally available individually. I'd just like to own the best editions of these possible, if anybody has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mateo,

In this set, Roman Holiday and A Place in the Sun are the same as the single DVD releases. Both are excellent quality both in video and audio, especially Roman Holiday, which is the restored Special Edition. All extras are included. To Catch a Thief, however, is NOT the new special collector?s edition that was released in 2007. It is the 2002 version. The Bogdanovich commentary is missing. I have the 2007 version and the video and audio are very good. Supposedly they are an upgrade from the 2002 version, but I?ve never seen that one.

Peter