Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie in Northeastern Georgia

A while back I watched a movie on TCM about a preacher in turn of the century Georgia. I can't think of the name but it was filmed in colour in the early 50s and the lead actress later relocated to the area.

The preacher and a church elder (I think) were always racing their horse and buggies.

A while back I watched a movie on TCM about a preacher in turn of the century Georgia. I can't think of the name but it was filmed in colour in the early 50s and the lead actress later relocated to the area.

The preacher and a church elder (I think) were always racing their horse and buggies.

You're thinking of Susan Hayward playing the preacher's wife(played by William Lundigan) in 1951's I'D CLIMB THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN, there padre. And yes, Miss Hayward would ultimately retire from show business and move to the Peach State, and where she died..ahem, I mean passed on, in 1975.

(...oh, and btw...because this was an American movie that was actually filmed in the state of Georgia, I think you really meant to say that this baby was filmed in "color" and without that British superfluous-'u' in that word!...sorry, ya see, you just unwittingly fell into settin' me up around here again for one of my ongoing little "jokes" there, reverend ol' boy...yep, I'm just "a little devil" like this sometimes, alright!)

;)

You're thinking of Susan Hayward playing the preacher's wife(played by William Lundigan) in 1951's I'D CLIMB THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN, there padre. And yes, Miss Hayward would ultimately retire from show business and move to the Peach State, and where she died..ahem, I mean passed on, in 1975.

(...oh, and btw...because this was an American movie that was actually filmed in the state of Georgia, I think you really meant to say that this baby was filmed in "color" and without that British superfluous-'u' in that word!...sorry, ya see, you just unwittingly fell into settin' me up around here again for one of my ongoing little "jokes" there, reverend ol' boy...yep, I'm just "a little devil" like this sometimes, alright!)

;)

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Oh growing up in Canada, you'd better include the 'u' in your schoolwork or there would be 'sp' marked on it when it came back from the teacher.  :P

• Like 3

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Oh growing up in Canada, you'd better include the 'u' in your schoolwork or there would be 'sp' marked on it when it came back from the teacher.  :P

AH!!! So you're one of those reverends who after Sunday services might head over to Timmy's for a donut and a cup o' coffee then, huh..errr...EH?!

(...okay then, padre...NOW I understand why you included that British superfluous-'u' in that word!)

;)

Just for kicks I'll mention that the elementary school I went to in the mid '50's had a different grading system than the one used in the upper schools.  And It'S lowest mark WAS a "U".

My cousin was raised partly(long story) in Canada.  I used to kid her about that superfluous "u".  Like asking her if "Who"  was spelled "Whou"?  Or the various "to's" were spelled "tou, toou, or twou"?  And other spelling things.  Like, is "matter" spelled "mattre"?  Or "bother" is "bothre" and such.

She, used to my nonsense for years, joined the fun and teased me back, writing, "Don't be such an uttre moroun!"  ;)

I miss that gal!

Sepiatone