Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alfred Hitchcock's VERTIGO

MissGoddess

i dunno if he wants me to have a good evening though. his faces look kind of severe. i think he's mad at me.

He's very naughty and likes to pretend to frighten young girls. We'll put him in the corner until he learns to behave himself.

Alfred_Hitchcock_Leo_Fuchs_0682.jpg

I think we have no choice but to share Captain Gregg---I don't believe he's a one woman spook. ;)

Oily muscle and so creative. Just my type

Hee! I wish they showed what Jacoby looked like more distinctly in Laura. But I think it's great that he looked more "like an athelete than a painter". lol

Hola, Tipsy T! -- oh you think im a little on the tipsey side frankie or

is it just me?

You must be because this is a Hitchcock thread.

all that tea, its going to my head i guess. heehee!

It's that Texas recipe for Finishing School tea that's affecting you and your head. B-A-D.

So you're a happy drinker. I'm glad you're happy, T.

im happy? yes. a drinker? no. a drinker of hot tea? most definitely!

Okay, Happy Drinker of Spiked Texas Tea. I'm especially glad that you are happy.

cinderella, dressed in yella, went upstairs to kiss her fella

Sounds like a saloon song!

Saloon song? How would she know? Hmmmmmmmmm... B-A-D influence.

doesnt it though? heehee!

And how would you know? Oh, no. You're finished.

Yo-Ho-Ho, Bronxie! -- You know me, Frank! LOVE the portrait of Captain

Gregg -- thankee, me hearty!! (like Gene, I want to live in Gull Cottage with his ghost)

You only want to be with his ghost, eh? You must have an active imagination,

my dear.

I'm also partial to Robert Fig Newton as Long John Silver.

Arrrr.

:D

Good Evening, Ghostly Goddess -- I think we have no choice but to share

Captain Gregg---I don't believe he's a one woman spook.

Ohhh, really. Care to tell us how you would know? :D

ghostandmrsmuir5.jpg

ghostandmrsmuir1-1.jpg

ghostandmrsmuir2.jpg

ghostandmrsmuir3.jpg

ghostandmrsmuir4.jpg

ghostandmrsmuir6.jpg

ghostandmrsmuir7.jpg

ghostandmrsmuir8.jpg

Well, a male ghost can do all the necessary stuff: taking out the garbage, giving a back or foot massage, killing the bugs...

Wait, I think I forgot something.....

Well, that too, but.....

Making me coffee wearing an apron.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

REAR WINDOW is one of my all-time favorite movies in general, and a favorite Hitchcock, probably number one.

I ADORE Thelma Ritter here. And, is this the first movie ever to discuss bodily functions?

Remember when Stella says that whenever General Motors has to go to the bathroom ten times a day, it's time for the whole country to let go?

I want Lisa's Mark Cross overnight bag. It's a classic; I'll bet they're still being made.

Does anyone else notice that Miss Torso's apartment is SO SMALL?? We see her dancing and entertaining guests, but it looks like all she's got is about 300 square feet. True, the porch expands it a bit, but still...

And her surprise true love looks an awful lot like my Duanie.

He better get out of there!!.

I love Rear Window, and along with To Catch a Thief and Rebecca, it's the one I've seen the most. It reminds of when I lived in L.A. Not at all of living here in NY, which is where it's set. I had an apartment once that had bamboo shades just like Jeff's and it was a courtyard apartment, too. Nobody got murdered, though, worse luck. It was pretty boring.

So that's where Duanie goes when he says he's visiting friends in NY? He looks like he's mightily at home in that little pad, Bronxie. I think you better beat it back here. She's a dancer and I can tell you no good can come of that. ;)

Like teachers, dancers are ONE STEP FROM THE STREET!! I better high-tail it back to the Big Apple soon and break that nest up.

Interesting how the Village back then wasn't considered a high-rent district. Wives nag down there, but uptown they discuss, as Jeff says to Tom. Aren't studio rentals in the West and even East Village going now for about $4,000 a month or higher? And are they selling for a mil?

Speaking of moolah, we are told that Stewart has fame and fortune, but Jeff tells Lisa that he barely has enough money in the bank every month.

What is he spending it on?

I had bamboo shades too, when I lived in Hollywood years ago. And before that, I resided in San Francisco, in a creepy looking building with a weird landlady who looked like Rafaela Ottiano.

My next door neighbor was a female sociopath who kept stealing my coffee.

And before that, I resided in San Francisco, in a creepy looking building with a weird landlady who looked like Rafaela Ottiano.

My next door neighbor was a female sociopath who kept stealing my coffee.

Hee!! My "weird landlady" was in London. I'm trying to think of her cinematic equivalent. I know there must be one---but, you see, I just don't watch those kinds of movies. :P

Hola, Missy G -- After seeing that picture of Peter Blood, you can HAVE Rex!

This is very consistent of you, Miss Contradiction. Peter Blood is surely looking very manly and 40-ish in that photo.

I love Rear Window, and along with To Catch a Thief and Rebecca, it's the one I've seen the most. It reminds of when I lived in L.A. Not at all of living here in NY, which is where it's set. I had an apartment once that had bamboo shades just like Jeff's and it was a courtyard apartment, too. Nobody got murdered, though, worse luck. It was pretty boring.

Boring? You must be speaking of the apartment courtyard and not the inside of your apartment. ;)

She's a dancer and I can tell you no good can come of that. ;)

Why, are dancers no good? I guess you would know.

Hee!! My "weird landlady" was in London. I'm trying to think of her cinematic equivalent. I know there must be one---but, you see, I just don't watch those kinds of movies. :P

You need some culture. Sociopaths are wondrous.

Hiya, Bronxie -- Well, a male ghost can do all the necessary stuff: taking out the garbage, giving a back or foot massage, killing the bugs...

Wait, I think I forgot something.....

Well, that too, but.....

Making me coffee wearing an apron.

:D I won't discuss what a female ghost can do.

Now I can undress in my bedroom and hope a voice tells me I shouldn't be ashamed of my figure.

Who's cheating on who? Duane's in trouble.

I want Lisa's Marc Cross overnight bag. It's a classic; I'll bet they're still being made.

Okay, you can have that. I'll take Lisa Carol Fremont. What a gal!

rearwindow3.jpg

rearwindow10.jpg

rearwindow11.jpg

rearwindow12.jpg

rearwindow13.jpg

rearwindow2.jpg

rearwindow4.jpg

rearwindow5.jpg

rearwindow6.jpg

rearwindow7.jpg

rearwindow8.jpg

rearwindow9.jpg

bilko1.jpg

I guess Miss Torso's name is "Emma."

Peter Blood is surely looking very manly and 40-ish in that photo.

I meant most men don't get interesting looking until 40...19th C. men like Peter Blood probably didn't even make it to 40 so they got that "seasoned" appeal early on. Of course, that may have something to do with the 19th C. women!

I meant most men don't get interesting looking until 40...19th C. men like Peter Blood probably didn't even make it to 40 so they got that "seasoned" appeal early on. Of course, that may have something to do with the 19th C. women!

You seemed to shove the "seasoned" Cap'n off the plank mighty easily for the "boyish looking" Peter Blood.

"Does anyone else notice that Miss Torso's apartment is SO SMALL?? We see her dancing and entertaining guests, but it looks like all she's got is about 300 square feet. True, the porch expands it a bit, but still..."

Well obviously, it's a New York apartment. Who did she sleep with to get such a large pad?