Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ROBERT RYAN - The Real Quiet Man

Miss Goddess we agree that Joan didn`t give her best performance. She got on my nerves throughout the movie. It was her first film since the birth of her daughter Debbie with hubby William Dozier head of production at RKO. Joan Leslie`s performance was fine. I have Joan `s

autobiography "No Bed Of Roses". She wrote that the only thing that she enjoyed about "Born To Be Bad" was the wardrobe that she got to wear.

My Favorite Blonde -- Thank you so much, Scott

;)

AppleButterysweetGreer -- its official frankie! we dont just think....we know that you post thos pics on purpose to make us fall to the floor. heehee! i love him in On Dangerous Ground, but it is such an emotional movie and boy do i pull that hanky out and soak it in tears when i see this movie!!!! heehee!

I'm a very big fan of Robert Ryan. I have many of his films. I'll continue to post some "grabs" of Double R.

Robert Ryan is the unlikeable "Montgomery" in Crossfire

crossfire1.jpg

crossfire2.jpg

crossfire3.jpg

crossfire4.jpg

crossfire5.jpg

crossfire6.jpg

crossfire7.jpg

crossfire8.jpg

crossfire9.jpg

Oops. Now how did that blonde girl sneak in there? Is it possible for Gloria Grahame to sneak, by the way? Slink... yes. Sneak... I don't think so.

Great pix! Ryan definitely makes *The Racket* leap to life whenever he appears. For some reason, I find Mitchum oddly passive in this movie, which keeps it from being an all-out favorite. I had high hopes for it but it's a bit on the disappointing side.

Hiya, Miss Goddess -- Ryan definitely makes The Racket leap to life whenever he appears. For some reason, I find Mitchum oddly passive in this movie, which keeps it from being an all-out favorite. I had high hopes for it but it's a bit on the disappointing side.

That's the sentiment I've heard the most with The Racket. It isn't a tour de force noir. My interests in the film are the two Bobs and Liz Scott. You're correct about Mitchum, he's on the subdued side. I prefer his angry, steamier side far more. He's too clean-cut in this film. It's the same in Crossfire. And don't tell anyone, but I actually think Mitchum looks pretty darn handsome in The Racket. I better go take a look at your Ava thread now.

An older, gentler Robert Ryan plays a horse lover in The Professionals, the A-Team of westerns.

professionals1.jpg

professionals2.jpg

professionals3.jpg

professionals4.jpg

professionals5.jpg

professionals6.jpg

professionals7.jpg

professionals8.jpg

professionals9.jpg

professionals10.jpg

professionals11.jpg

Do you think I could resist Claudia Cardinale for goodness sake? Impossible. I love Ryan and Lancaster staring at her. Her reply to their stares? "Yes?"

Have you ever seen The Professionals? It's an action-oriented western that's on the masculine side, but the question of love does ultimately enter the picture. I don't think you would dislike it. Burt Lancaster is a rascal in the film, so he may turn you off some. I actually believe you would like Lee Marvin in this one, though. Ryan is on the softer side. Claudia is a serious handful for the guys. She's on the fiery side.

No, I've never seen it. I like Burt as a rascal, I only dislike him when he's quiet and boring (Come Back, Little Sheba---no, I say stay away). I would like to like Lee Marvin in something---up to now I can only love to hate him, he's so good at being bad. Actually, I do like him in Donovan's Reef. He's very funny in that one. And I love what I've seen and listened to of him in interviews---a real individualist and a smart guy.

Hearing that you like Lancaster as a rascal, I think you'll find most of the major players in The Professionals to be enjoyable. The story may not be your speed, but I don't think you'll be bored one bit. The film pretty much rolls along at a good clip. Men tend to like The Professionals, so it would be great to hear a woman's opinion on the film.

"Great pix! Ryan definitely makes The Racket leap to life whenever he appears. For some reason, I find Mitchum oddly passive in this movie, which keeps it from being an all-out favorite. I had high hopes for it but it's a bit on the disappointing side."

I guess Mitchum knew what he was up against after being with Double R in the movie where he was a racist. I see he took this route: if you can't beat 'em...

Who wants to see Lee Marvin nice. Snarling, sneering, hot coffee flying through the air, smacks, punches, hair pulling. Yeah!!!

Cardinale hotter than the desert. So well-said and so darned true!!!

I'm mighty quick on the draw with the FF button, Frank, so I may be able to zip thru Peckinpah's "balletic" carnage to get to the performances. I'm very curious about Ryan and Bill Holden's characters.

Thanks, c21de---count me as a fan of this movie. I thought Ryan and Tony Quinn make a lusty duo and Mala is a cutie. I'd like to get this on dvd, actually. Here are some other pictures from The City Beneath the Sea:

citybeneaththesea5.jpg

citybeneaththesea4.jpg

citybeneaththesea3.jpg

citybeneaththesea2.jpg

citybeneaththesea.jpg

citybeneaththesea6.jpg

Miss G(od's Little Acre) -- I loved those caps from The City Beneath the Sea. I've never seen the film but Ryan's wardrobe makes me wanna see the film. Outrageous.

ButterTeaseGreer -- hey frank furter, heehee! i cant wait to see those new gary caps and rysn ones too.

Didn't I say to you that teasing me only turns me on? One more tease and you are in trouble, Theresa. Hey, I think I can spell a word by using some letters in that name of yours. I see a T an E an A an S another E and an R. So what are we gonna do with that left over "H"? TEAS-HER? You don't happen to drink Teas, do you? Naahhhh.

c21de---City Beneath the Sea is Robert Ryan's fun, "search for buried treasure" adventure yarn with lots of humor for a change of pace. If I remember correctly, for once he is the more laid back one while Anthony Quinn provides the fireworks.

Frank---I think those diagonal stripes would look very flattering on you, Mr Burns. I'm sure your French tailor could whip you up a suit to match.