Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What movie is this?

shellbell77

It may be from the late 80's/early 90's and is possibly a comedy. It take place at what I seem to remember as a college. The final scene involves the main charavter(female, I believe) taking a final exam in which she had to write an essay on the topic of brevity. She very cleverlly wrote a 1 sentencde answer and walked out smiling. This is all I can remember but for some reason I am tortured trying to remember the film. Please help release me from my torment!

Thank you !

You may be refrencing 'Educating Rita' (1983). This movie is another reworking of "Pygmalian"

about a working-class woman trying to get an education and coming under the enfluence of a

tutor. Julie Walters Michael Caine are the two main players.

The question she faces on her exam is to solve the problems of staging Heinrich Ibsen's drama

'Peer Gynt'. (This is indeed a hard-to-stage piece. I have seen it only once, and it was done very

effectively as Readers' Theater.) Rita's answer, discussed earlier in the movie, is to perform it as

a RADIO drama.

If this is the one you have in mind, it is set to be aired on SHOW on Tuesday, Oct 9, at 8:00 AM,

and on Friday, Oct 12, at 6:15AM.

If this isn't the one you're looking for, good luck.

Archived