Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vic Morrow question

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see that film too. Maybe some of his films are not available for some reason. Hopefully, they will be found sometime and shown. I think TCM is showing a film of Morrow's called "A Dog's Life" and he is the voice of a dog. Not sure I ever saw this film. I think it's on TCM on March 5th

• 3 weeks later...

Vic Morrow played gangster "Dutch" Shultz in 1961's "Portrait of a Mobster". Somewhat typical of the gangster films of that time, but it's Morrow's film from start to finish. It's been many years since I've seen that one but I do remember his powerhouse performance.

He did try his hand at directing once, he did "A Man Called Sledge' an Italian Western with James Garner and Dennis Weaver. in 1970.

Wish I could tell you where or when I last viewed the film, but it's been 25 or 30 years since I saw it. Most likly on a local TV station. Sadly, it does not appear to be on DVD or VHS. You might find a bootleg copy somewhere, but all I can say is "Good Luck"...

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to catch as much "Combat" on METV whenever possible. At 3;00am, it's not always possible. First became a fan of sorts of Morrow from that, and co-star Chuck Ban....er...RICK JASON. ( Chuck Ban was an old high school buddy who EVERYONE agreed was Mr. Jason's "spitting image". Hey! Maybe THAT'S the "Jason" his daughter got the middle name from!)

Sepiatone

• 2 weeks later...

I saw an episode of COMBAT! called "Point of View" and another episode called "Mail Call" and one called "The Record". What a great tv show this was....and Vic Morrow really was the perfect actor to play the leader of the squad - Sgt. Saunders. He really deserved awards for his acting.

I was looking for this thread. So glad I found it. I wanted to bump it up again cause Morrow rocked. He was great in every performance he ever gave. I thought some of his later films weren't very good, but he always gave top-notch performances. Why in the world didn't he ever get to be a bigger star? After Blackboard Jungle, he should have had some great films where he was the lead, and certainly after Combat tv series, you'd think the guy would have been offered many movie roles, but it seems he didn't get too many opportunities. I wonder why.

• 2 weeks later...

"Mail Call" was just on Thursday night(or Friday morning) I think it was. My wife took to watching this with me. Sadly, NOT for Morrow, but she has the "hots" for "Caje"( Pierre Jalbert).

Sepiatone

I remember the episode "Mail Call". I think that guest starred James Best. Caje was "okay". I tend to watch Vic Morrow though in that Combat show. I liked the way he walked, the way he talked, he played the part of the Sgt. so perfectly. I'm sure back in the '60's, even females watched the Combat tv show cause it was a great show and some of the actors were quite easy on the eyes for the female viewers.

Hello. I was just looking through all the threads here. I was pleasantly suprised to find this one. I just wanted to add that Vic Morrow was a really sensational actor. I'm glad others feel the same way.

Aside from Blackboard Jungle and Combat, can anyone suggest any other good films with Vic Morrow? I saw some film with him that was really good, but that was a long time ago and I quite frankly forgot which film it was.