Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Exorcist Deleted Scene

When the "Exorcist" came to the screen I was in a class that required me to see it many times as we watched for different concepts and did audience reactions.

I recently watched the movie with all deleted scenes restored. There is a scene I remember but can not find it. It is the scene where the movie director takes the cross to the little girl's room. I am not sure why this scene was deleted and even more why it was not returned.

If you have any information please advise.

Thanks you in advance.

Lamisi

The original ran 122 min. and 132 min (director's cut)

Some of the scenes not seen are:

Among the subliminal photos inserted throughout the film ("the version you've never seen") are: when Reagan visits Dr. Klein's office for the first time she sees the face of the demon for a second while she's getting her EEG recorded; when Father Karras has his dream there is a very quick flash of picture of a demon/devil, then the screen goes white, then the picture is briefly flashed again; when Chris Macneil comes home and finds the kitchen lights flickering, the same demon/devil picture, though much smaller, is superimposed on the overhead exhaust fan above the stove; seconds later, just before Chris Macneil enters her daughter's room, what appears to be a very large, rudimentary representation of the demon in paint (it's very "puffy"-looking and almost amorphous, except for the very noticeable eyes and teeth) appears on the door as it is opened; then, when Chris leaves the room, an image of a gargoyle slowly becomes visible just to the left of the doorway, remains briefly, then fades away again; during the final exorcism scene there is another superimposition of the demon's face on Reagan's for a brief instant.

You can try here:http://imdb.com/title/tt0070047/trivia

vallo